UncleBeer

Taxpayer-funded initiative collected 600,000 political tweets in its ‘database,’ bragged about having conservative Twitter accounts suspended

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Of course. Because it's all about "free speech". Right?

Taxpayer-funded initiative collected 600,000 political tweets in its ‘database,’ bragged about having conservative Twitter accounts suspended

The House Science, Space, and Technology Committee sent a letter to the head of the National Science Foundation (NSF) on Monday, demanding answers about the origins of the nearly $1 million taxpayer-funded project to track “misinformation” on Twitter.

The Truthy project, being conducted by researchers at Indiana University, is under investigation for targeting political commentary on Twitter. The project monitors “suspicious memes,” “false and misleading ideas,” and “hate speech,” with a goal of one day being able to automatically detect false rumors on the social media platform.

The web service has been used to track tweets using hashtags such as #tcot (Top Conservatives on Twitter), and was successful in getting accounts associated with conservatives suspended, according to a 2012 book co-authored by the project’s lead researcher, Filippo Menczer, a professor of Informatics and Computer Science at Indiana University.

Menczer has also said that Truthy monitored tweets using #p2 (Progressive 2.0), but did not discuss any examples of getting liberal accounts suspended in his book.

i'm seeing a pattern developing

Seems like the good ol days , No?

Edited by The Nature Boy

no. much better.

since UB is the OP and G&D, me, and you are the only visible posts....that tells me it was a cut at UB...not likely a conservative doing the cutting or exiting.

Are you saying there is a political lean in Moderation. surely you jest .

Are you saying there is a political lean in Moderation. surely you jest .

i'm saying. once the refs make it clear how they're going to call the game, it up to the players to play within the allowable buffer zone the refs give them. as far as I can see, its going to be called fairly.

7yqZWFL.jpg

since UB is the OP and G&D, me, and you are the only visible posts....that tells me it was a cut at UB...not likely a conservative doing the cutting or exiting.

So what else is new? The other side has no substantive arguments and doesn't seem to have the 'sand' for civil discourse, so they often stoop to insults. So be it.