xwind

Finality, Decree, Certification, Annotated MC confusion - which do I need for starting K-1 visa?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, my fiance got her Decision a month ago and just received her Finality today! Yay! Our lawyer is now in the process of getting us 5 true certified copies of the case from Petition thru Finality for us to use in registering at the Local Civil Registry of Cebu (where it was annulled) and Pasay (where the marriage took place). After reading some posts online, I got confused about which document (and date) do I need to start her K-1 visa application here in the US...

I read that the LCR (where it was annulled) would issue a "certification" for the finality; the LCR (where the marriage took place) will annotate the marriage certificate; then NSO will enter that into their system and we can request her CENOMAR. I also read something about a "Decree", which I don't know where that fits in the process.

I would like to start her K-1 Visa application as soon as possible but I'm not sure anymore which document do I need? Could I start the application using the Finality (and have the LCR stuff happen at the same time), or should I wait until the whole process is done up to NSO before applying? Thanks.

12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.