plinkabob

Anyone fancy being a witness at our wedding in San Diego on Monday? :D

3 posts in this topic

Hey y'all!

So the time has come.

The visa has been received, the bags have been packed (kinda, almost), the dress has been made and the flights have been booked. Now all I have to do is survive my hen night on Saturday, manage to get on the plane on Sunday and then get to the county clerk on Monday!!!

We have decided to go it alone as we thought it was unfair if only one side of the family could make it, hence having a registrar do it. Now all we need is a witness. I know you can buy these at the office but I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone on here is in or near San Diego and fancies a party with us?? We will of course ply you with drinks after and insist that you tell us all about what we have to look forward to with AOS, EAD, AP blah blah blah, but we would love it if we could have some friendly faces around us on our big day. Even if we only met you an hour before hand. Haha

Any one up for a PARTY????

I'm Sorry I can't be your witness but have you looked into a confidential marriage license you don't need a witness for this but it costs a little more. I think you might have to convince them why you need a confidential one but you could give it a go.

CONFIDENTIAL MARRIAGE LICENSES

To obtain a Confidential Marriage License, the couple must make an appointment by calling (619) 237-0502 and appear together at one of our https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/pages/marriage-licenses.aspx#hours

Each person must present one form of valid photo identification with proof of age. To expedite the identification process, it is recommended that the couple bring certified copies of their birth certificates.

Couples applying for a marriage license must be unmarried:

• If you were previously married and the dissolution is not yet final, even if it will be final before the wedding date, you will not be issued a marriage license.
  • If you are in a State Registered Domestic Partnership (SRDP) you may not enter into a marriage or be issued a license with someone other than your registered domestic partner, unless the most recent domestic partnership has been terminated or a final judgment of dissolution or nullity has been entered.
  • If the dissolution was final within the past 90 days, please provide a copy of your final judgment.

In order to issue a Confidential Marriage License:

1. Both parties must swear in writing that they have already been living together.
  2. The marriage ceremony may be performed ONLY in San Diego County.

The marriage record will be maintained as Confidential and ONLY the couple named on the record may obtain copies of the marriage certificate, EXCEPT by Court order.

The cost of a Confidential Marriage License is $89.00. Click here for an https://arcc.sdcounty.ca.gov/Pages/all-forms.aspx

PLEASE NOTE: The office of the Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk strongly advises that a non-confidential license be issued except in those instances where the confidentiality of the marriage is vitally important. Couples who choose the Confidential License should be aware that when certified copies of the Confidential Marriage License are requested, the copies can ONLY be issued to the couple.

Once you have your marriage license the ceremony may be performed at the church of your choice, a wedding chapel, or a Civil ceremony may be performed by this office. No witness is required for a Confidential Marriage.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Timeline

We decided on the confidential marriage route in Orange County so that we didn't have to deal with finding a witness. We were asked if we lived together, but were not asked to provide any proof of this. However, I did bring mail that was addressed to each of us at the same address, just in case. We weren't asked why we wanted to confidential marriage. Got the license on a Wednesday and got married the following day.

OP, like you, we also decided that since one side couldn't make it, then we'd just keep the ceremony between ourselves and the officiant (from the county recorder's office).