-PiLoT-

NOA2 received - some thoughts

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

our NOA2 has been received (YAAAAAYYY)

anyway she needs to send me more stuff but theres a few details i need to ask about

1, we need proof of continuing relationship. from the time we filed the i-129f till present. we have some photos we omitted from the i-129f taken two months before the filing (werent ready in time) can we use them even though they were slightly before the tim we filed for the petition.

2. they ask for copies of things sent for the RFE. but all they did was ask the question on the form itself. my fiancee just ticked signed and sent away that minute. does this matter

3. i know i need a copie of the "entire i-129f" but is there anything from that we need originals of?

anyone know if this is an issue

* - 18th August 2014 - I-129f Sent

* - 21st August 2015 - Recived at CSC

* - 30th September - NOA 1 Received

* - 3rd November - NOA 2 Received

-- was never sent to NVC, got it re approved --

* - 9th January - NOA 2 approved

* - 13th January - Notice from CSC that it was sent this time to NVC

* - 21st January - Received at NVC

* - 22nd January - Case Number assisgned

* - 31st January - left NVC for London

* - 6th Feb - Arrived at Embassy

* - 10th Feb - Packet 3 Received and DS-160 Filled out.

* - 25th February - Medical :dancing:

* - 26th February - readiness form sent

* - 7th April - Interview - approved

* - 14th April - Visa in hand.

* - 17th April Tickets booked http://itsalmo.st/#timetofly

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

1. You can just use documentation of skype calls, phone calls, letters, emails, etc as proof. Take a screen shot of you two video chatting. The pictures aren't really proof of ongoing relationship if it's before you filed...

2. Did you photo copy the RFE sent to your fiance? That's what they're asking for.

3. The only thing I remember bringing the original for was the NOA1 and NOA2, passport, birth certificate.

K1

Nov 7, 2013 - i-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

Nov 16, 2013 - noa 1 received

feb 20, 2014 - noa 2 approved

march 5, 2014 - case number assigned at NVC

march 14, 2014 - case received by local embassy

april 4, 2014 - interview

may 1, 2014 - visa in hand

june 13, 2014 - POE: Boston

AOS

Aug 1, 2014 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Aug 19, 2014 - Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD

Sept 29, 2014 - EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Mid-Nov - Potential Waiver of Interview letter received

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

June 16, 2015 - green card in hand

Timeline

1. You can just use documentation of skype calls, phone calls, letters, emails, etc as proof. Take a screen shot of you two video chatting. The pictures aren't really proof of ongoing relationship if it's before you filed...

2. Did you photo copy the RFE sent to your fiance? That's what they're asking for.

3. The only thing I remember bringing the original for was the NOA1 and NOA2, passport, birth certificate.

1 we wil be submitting those as well. but im wondering if the photos can help as theyre of us in england when she visited me.

2. i didnt get anything to photocopy. she got an RFE with an additional sheet saying tick this bit then sign then send back. she didnt copy it as it required no extra info and she sent it as soon as she got it essentially

3. so i need her original birth cert and passport as well as the NOAs

Timeline

1 we wil be submitting those as well. but im wondering if the photos can help as theyre of us in england when she visited me.

2. i didnt get anything to photocopy. she got an RFE with an additional sheet saying tick this bit then sign then send back. she didnt copy it as it required no extra info and she sent it as soon as she got it essentially

3. so i need her original birth cert and passport as well as the NOAs

1. I mean you can include those if you'd like. There's really no harm to put in more than asked. I don't believe my immigration counselor really looked through the evidence because our case was pretty straight forward. I did pack in a lot of letters and emails and cards that I got between filing and interview though - so at least make sure you have that.

2. Hm don't know how to answer this q then. They should have the RFE info in the packet that they forwarded to her local consulate. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. Yeah. That's what I remember having originals of. It's been a few months so my memory is a little faint. But just follow the checklist they send you, bring originals and copies of everything if you can, and you'll be fine. I remember I didn't bring a copy of my passport and the lady was really nice and said no worries I'll photocopy it for you. But just follow the checklist and you'll be good.

K1

AOS

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

End of May 2015 - renewed my EAD/AP, got the NOA1 and another letter stating that I don't need to do biometrics appt.

June 11, 2015 - welcome to America letter! (no interview...no service request..)

Timeline

1. I mean you can include those if you'd like. There's really no harm to put in more than asked. I don't believe my immigration counselor really looked through the evidence because our case was pretty straight forward. I did pack in a lot of letters and emails and cards that I got between filing and interview though - so at least make sure you have that.

2. Hm don't know how to answer this q then. They should have the RFE info in the packet that they forwarded to her local consulate. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

3. Yeah. That's what I remember having originals of. It's been a few months so my memory is a little faint. But just follow the checklist they send you, bring originals and copies of everything if you can, and you'll be fine. I remember I didn't bring a copy of my passport and the lady was really nice and said no worries I'll photocopy it for you. But just follow the checklist and you'll be good.

cool im all good except 3. isnt the peitioner (usa citizen) sending her birth certificate and her passport to the beneficiary a bit risky?

our NOA2 has been received (YAAAAAYYY)

anyway she needs to send me more stuff but theres a few details i need to ask about

1, we need proof of continuing relationship. from the time we filed the i-129f till present. we have some photos we omitted from the i-129f taken two months before the filing (werent ready in time) can we use them even though they were slightly before the tim we filed for the petition.

2. they ask for copies of things sent for the RFE. but all they did was ask the question on the form itself. my fiancee just ticked signed and sent away that minute. does this matter

3. i know i need a copie of the "entire i-129f" but is there anything from that we need originals of?

anyone know if this is an issue

1. You are interviewing in London. They want ZERO photos or anything else of relationship between filing petition and interview. I assume you put in a few photos with the petition. Whatever is in the petition is all you need. Nothing more for London.

2. They do not want any petition RFE things in London. Mark that worry off your list.

3. You do NOT need a copy of the entire petition. They get the original.

Also they do not want a copy of the NOA2 approval. Keep that safely in the US because photocopies go in with your AOS. You don't want it lost or misplaced when you move.

All you need from your American fiancé is the I-134 Affidavit of Support and one proof of her income. They (London) especially like employer letters as the proof of choice. She can choose one more proof if you want to be extra cautious, but you certainly don't need to prove income five different ways.

Everything else that goes to the interview is your documents, not hers. Here is London's list.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_and_k_interview_checklist2014.pdf

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

cool im all good except 3. isnt the peitioner (usa citizen) sending her birth certificate and her passport to the beneficiary a bit risky?

No, the petitioner doesn't need ot send anything. It's the beneficiaries...

K1

AOS

Aug 6, 2014 - NOA1

Timeline

No, the petitioner doesn't need ot send anything. It's the beneficiaries...

in the first question i said "i know she has to send a copy of the i-129f packet, but is there anything i need that are originals. i meant from the packet

abd cheers niche nick i was gonig from the k-1 guide though

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.