-Shana-

A Couple of Questions (P.Cert & I-134)

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm currently waiting for the NVC to receive our application, it's taking a while but trying to remain positive! But in the mean time I want to be fully prepared for the next step, which is getting all the documents together that I'll need to take to London.

My first question is: Does the doctors office for the medical keep the Police certificate? In other words, do I need to get 2 copies of it (one for the medical and one for the interview) or do they just photocopy it?

My second question is: Does London accept a sponsor for I-134? My boyfriend is currently working in Japan with full intentions to move back to America when his contract finishes in February 2015, but in case this is an issue his Dad is willing to sponsor me financially for the I-134 form. Will both he and his Dad have to fill out the I-134 form?

Citizenship Process Timeline: 

Citizenship Process [1 year, 1 month and 1 day to Naturalization Certificate]

03.22.2020 - N400 sent (online)

03.22.2020 - NOA1 Received (online)

03.27.2020 - NOA1 Received (mail)

09.05.2020 - Biometrics appointment scheduled (online)

09.24.2020 - Biometrics appointment

02.02.2021 - Interview Scheduled (online)

02.06.2021 - Interview Letter Received (mail)

03.10.2021 - Interview - Approved

03.10.2021 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled (online)

03.16.2021 - Oath Ceremony Letter Received (mail)

04.23.2021 - Oath Ceremony

I am the beneficiary

They do not keep your police certificate. They give it back.

Yes they will accept his Dad as the sponsor. Only his Dad has to fill out the form. somebody got asked for a new letter of intent recently when their fiancé wasn't sponsoring, so plan on having that just in case you get the same officer.

Have you read the pinned K1 guide at the top of this forum? It will help you with other questions.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

They do not keep your police certificate. They give it back.

Yes they will accept his Dad as the sponsor. Only his Dad has to fill out the form. somebody got asked for a new letter of intent recently when their fiancé wasn't sponsoring, so plan on having that just in case you get the same officer.

Have you read the pinned K1 guide at the top of this forum? It will help you with other questions.

Thanks for clearing that up and the heads up on the letter of intent.

I did read it all, it's very well put together. :)

I am the beneficiary

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

I just wanted to TRIPLE check this...for the supporting documents for the I-134 do I technically only need a letter from the employer? My fiance's Dad earns quite a large sum of money so he is way over the poverty line, I don't want to make him go through all the hassle of gathering loads of documents when really all London ask for is the letter. I will ask for copies of pay slips too (or do they want originals?) just to have 2 things to support the I-134. Is this ok?

I am the beneficiary

If you had been reading this UK forum for months or years, you would have read all the tales about interview experiences where only one proof did the job. An easy one is a tax transcript. He can do it online and email you the resulting instant PDF to print. Actually you will be over for holiday and can bring it back with you.

They don't have any one proof that is absolutely required, but they often choose an employer letter if given a choice and hand back extra proofs before the interviewer sees it. They would also approve if you didn't have an employer letter. I would say everything can be photocopies, but employer letter are more properly submitted as originals. If he makes a lot of money, this is really a non-issue for you. They will glance at it and not even discuss it with you at the interview portion. They don't sit there and discuss all the proofs and analyze them. Very flexible about it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.