Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

CRBA Philippines

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

We recently had our CRBA at the U.S. embassy . They gave my wife a letter requesting more documents before they could process . Here is one of the checked items .

Original proof of U.S. citizen parent's physical presence in the U.S. for 5 (five) years , two of which must be after the U.S. citizen's age of 14 and prior to the birth of the applicant to transmit citizenship (e.g current passport and old passports , ITR with W2 form ; military service records/history of assignments/DD214 , employment records with leave and earnings statement , school transcripts etc)

What is underlined is what the CO did at the time of the appointment . I figured they were suggestions rather then what they exactly were asking for . I do not have my old passport which was reported lost to the State Department when I applied for my new passport . I was never in the military . Now the employment records are part of the military records ? If not what exactly should the employment record have on it ? Leave and earning statements can anyone clarify ? I know what they are , but just seems strange to request leave which seems like a military term .

This is what I am able to provide thus far .

W2's 2009 to 2013

ITR 2009 to 2013

Current Passport (notarized on each page)

School transcripts hopefully I will be able to get soon . So far they are unable to find any records from high school . Something about a lot of those records from the 1980's being lost or something .

Anyone know the time to complete the CRBA once you respond to the document request ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to prove that you were physically inside the US for 5 years PRIOR to the child's birth. Two of those years must be after you turned 14. The evidence DOES NOT have to be consecutive or recent, so you don't have to show only 2009 to 2013. You can show evidence from when you were a child or in your teens, or early adult hood. You can show stuff from when you were 1, then 7, then 16, then 21 for example.

So if you have high school transcripts, report cards, tax returns and w2 from any part of your life before the child was born, you can show that. You can request entry records from CBP if you lost your passport. There are also leases, receipts, court dates, jury duty, traffic/parking tickets, any arrests, social security earnings statements, pay stubs, census records, etc. Any little thing that can document your presence in the US helps.

Like I said, the evidence doesn't have to be all in a row, but it all has to add up to at least 5 years when you put it all together. You have to submit as many of these things as you can.

Edited by Ian H.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...