Kas&Isaac

Visa stamp validity date?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am a K1 beneficiary from Canada and just made a trip to the US to visit my fiance. When i went through US customs i informed the customs officer that i was visiting my fiance, mentioned that we were waiting out the K1 visa process and brought proof of my ties in case it was asked of me. After asking me follow up questions regarding the K1 and asking what stage the visa was at (NOA2) she stamped my passport with an admitted stamp but put in a valid until date for my B2 of April 26 2014. I went through my passport and none of my prior stamps show a valid until date. Is anyone familiar with this and could provide me with what it means? My best guess is the customs officer estimated a time for when my K 1 visa should be isdued and that is when i can no longer travel to the US under a B2 visa?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did you mean April 26, 2015?

We are only allowed 6 months in the US in a year so Oct to Apr makes sense. I can't speak as to why they put a date on it this time, it seems to be up to the discretion of the officer though (sometimes I get stamped, sometimes I don't, sometimes with a date, sometimes without). However, that would be the validity of your B2 whether they stamped your passport of not.

I would bet money on it not having anything to do with your petition though.

I hope this made sense :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I went in to the US to get married in Sept 2013, my passport was stamped and marked B2 with an end date of 6 months later.

They must do that when they know there's a visa in play.

Peace.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.