NealandCari

How long does it take for your case to get into the computer?

8 posts in this topic

I am thinking about delaying sending in my petition to avoid any problems at the POE when my fiance visits the US in mid-February. I thought maybe if I sent it right before, it wouldn't be in the system yet and they wouldn't ask him about it when he comes. He has proof of ties to his country (letter from his employer who he's been with for 3.5 years, bank statements, pay stubs, proof of ownership of two cars in the UK), but I am still nervous he will be turned away or something at customs and it's the last time I'm going to see him for possibly many months!

When should I send it if he comes on February 16th? Any suggestions? Or should I just send it whenever and not worry too much about denying entry?

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

I am thinking about delaying sending in my petition to avoid any problems at the POE when my fiance visits the US in mid-February. I thought maybe if I sent it right before, it wouldn't be in the system yet and they wouldn't ask him about it when he comes. He has proof of ties to his country (letter from his employer who he's been with for 3.5 years, bank statements, pay stubs, proof of ownership of two cars in the UK), but I am still nervous he will be turned away or something at customs and it's the last time I'm going to see him for possibly many months!

When should I send it if he comes on February 16th? Any suggestions? Or should I just send it whenever and not worry too much about denying entry?

File your petition NOW and read the post below.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry608775

Some will advise against it, but take note of the couples experiences that have actually visited the USA after filing.

04-17-2007 Married using K1 Vusa
04-27-07 Filed for AOS, EAD, AP.
06-28-07 Green card arrived in mail

April 2009 Filed for removal of conditions.
May 09 2007 Biometrics
Aug 31st Congratulations letter, no interview needed
Sept 21st 2009. New green card with conditions removed arrived.

N400 Status
07/26/10 N400 mailed via UPS. Three year rule
08/03/10. Check cashed.
08/06/10 NOA letter received, but "Request for evidence" showing on the status website.
08/08/10 NOA #2. Biometrics appointment letter. Scheduled for 08/31/10
08/09/10 Biometrics completed. Walk in.
11/01/10 Touched. Transferred to local (Tampa) office
12/06/10 Interview . Passed
01/11/11 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here's a suggestion. Why don't you mail in the application AFTER he returns to the UK? Then you don't need to worry anymore. There will be no doubts and no problems that can arise. Just make sure he does not overstay!

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

I don't want to wait until after, because that will delay it so much when it's jsut about ready to send off. The latest I'll wait is until he's here, but I'd prefer not to. And he definitely won't overstay, he's only coming for 2.5 weeks (using the last of his paid holiday up) and he needs to keep his job right now!

I don't think there'd be a problem sending it sooner, and that thread Buxton babe showed was reassuring. I am just waiting to receive the forms he's resent and the copy of his birth certificate and all that, which should hopefully come this week. I am torn between waiting (if there are potential problems) and just getting the thing in the mail. And I worry because I am a worrywort!

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

February 16 is less than 3 weeks away. Not long in the grand scheme of things.

If you are a worrier, I would suggest posting it Thursday Feb. 15.

His possibilities of a turnback likely will have more to do with the number of times he has been here in the last year and the time since his last visit than a filed petition.

Edited by JohnnyQuest

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't want to wait until after, because that will delay it so much when it's jsut about ready to send off. The latest I'll wait is until he's here, but I'd prefer not to. And he definitely won't overstay, he's only coming for 2.5 weeks (using the last of his paid holiday up) and he needs to keep his job right now!

I don't think there'd be a problem sending it sooner, and that thread Buxton babe showed was reassuring. I am just waiting to receive the forms he's resent and the copy of his birth certificate and all that, which should hopefully come this week. I am torn between waiting (if there are potential problems) and just getting the thing in the mail. And I worry because I am a worrywort!

You were not going to mail it until mid February! He is going to be here for 2.5 weeks and you cannot wait until he's gone to send in the app? To top that, you want to worry about what might happeen "if" you send it in now. You are worrying just to be worrying!

The Visa process is one where you don't create problems for yourself. USCIS & RFE's, NVC and the Foreign Consulate create enough delays without any help. If there are known "issues" with a process and you know it going in, yet you proceed anyway, then worrying is exactly what you should be doing.

So send it in now and worry or wait until he's gone, send it in and relax. Your choice.

Fernanda's Timeline

K-1

June 2, 2006 - Mailed K1 Petition

Jun 28, 2006 - NOA1

Oct 05, 2006 - NOA2 - APPROVED after 122 days

Dec 05, 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Consulate

Dec 11, 2006 - Medical Examination in Belo Horizonte

Jan 10, 2007 - Returned Packet #3 to Consulate (SEDEX-10)

Mar 13, 2007 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! We have our K-1 VISA !!

POE & Texas Wedding

Mar 27, 2007 - POE Houston, TX. No questions. Gone in 10 minutes.

Mar 28, 2007 - Marriage License app

April 4, 2007 - Our Wedding Day!

April 12, 2007 - Apply for SS card with married name

April 20, 2007 - Received SS card

AOS

June 4, 2007 - Mailed AOS

June 6, 2007 - USCIS received

June 11, 2007 - NOA1 for I-485

July 18, 2007 - Biometrics completed

July 20, 2007 - Case transferred from MSC to CSC

July 31, 2007 - AOS Approved - 57 days - Without an Interview!

Aug 06, 2007 - Received Green Card in the mail today!

Jan 8, 2009 @ 8:18PM - Our son was born tonight !!

I-751 - Remove Conditions

July 11, 2009 - Certified Mail to VSC I-751 Package

July 14, 2009 - Check cleared bank

July 20, 2009 - NOA1 & 1 yr extension - Receipt date is July 14. Case# assigned

Sept 1, 2009 - Biometrics completed

Nov 25, 2009 - I-751 is approved. No Interview.

Dec 14, 2009 - 10yr Green Card arrived !

You were not going to mail it until mid February! He is going to be here for 2.5 weeks and you cannot wait until he's gone to send in the app? To top that, you want to worry about what might happeen "if" you send it in now. You are worrying just to be worrying!

The Visa process is one where you don't create problems for yourself. USCIS & RFE's, NVC and the Foreign Consulate create enough delays without any help. If there are known "issues" with a process and you know it going in, yet you proceed anyway, then worrying is exactly what you should be doing.

So send it in now and worry or wait until he's gone, send it in and relax. Your choice.

You are the one who needs to relex, joeyjoey. Filing the petion while the foreign fiance is in the country will cause absolutely no harm. It's perfectly legal and allowed, which is why the I-129F has a space on the petition to report the current I94 number if the fiance is presently in the US.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

You are the one who needs to relex, joeyjoey. Filing the petion while the foreign fiance is in the country will cause absolutely no harm. It's perfectly legal and allowed, which is why the I-129F has a space on the petition to report the current I94 number if the fiance is presently in the US.

Just what I was going to say... if I were the OP, I'd wait to file it (to avoid having any more problems than necessary at the POE - I got enough of a grilling BEFORE we filed...), but maybe wait until, say, the day after he gets there or something. That way you can fill in the date of his 'last entry' to the US, and his I-94W number & expiry date, if that might be something that worries you. Obviously if you sent it the day before he arrived, you'd still be able to put the details of his LAST visit... but I know in our case we decided we'd rather file once I was in the country, safely avoiding POE issues and clearing up the dates of my visit while we were at it - but we didn't want to wait until I'd returned home, as that would add an extra few unnecessary weeks onto the process. So you might prefer to get it all ready to go, then fill in his I-94W number as soon as he gets there, and get it in the post ASAP after that.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to do it! :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.