Janelle2002

Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

42 posts in this topic

Mouth breather Landrieu believes her constituents are so stupid that they would actually believe her BS. But wait, they're the very progs and dems who believe any disparaging remark when it's launched from a position of weakness; that means, I'm losing so, what the hell, play the damned race card.

Wait.. She is white ?? You to be Freking kidding me.

OMG talking about trying to pander to the black voters. My black inner self is insulted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v-cIZe3DYKo

Filed: Other Timeline

How is that relevant to what I posted, unless it's to prove me right? I don' t go around looking for articles about a specific person or group of people looking for ways to be disappointed in them. Are you affected by any of the issues raised? I can't be bothered to look at the six reasons to see whether or not they have any resonance, because this thread is about what is and isn't racism and why some racists do not perceive themselves as such not whether I think Barack Obama is a good president or not.

If you don't already look at the human race as all one species and not subdivided by different 'races' that are arbitrarily denoted by visual cues, then it's time you started, if you do, great.

How is that relevant to what I posted, unless it's to prove me right? I don' t go around looking for articles about a specific person or group of people looking for ways to be disappointed in them. Are you affected by any of the issues raised? I can't be bothered to look at the six reasons to see whether or not they have any resonance, because this thread is about what is and isn't racism and why some racists do not perceive themselves as such not whether I think Barack Obama is a good president or not.

If you don't already look at the human race as all one species and not subdivided by different 'races' that are arbitrarily denoted by visual cues, then it's time you started, if you do, great.

Did ya'll hear something ?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The biggest problem for those who are genuinely victims of prejudice, is that those who are prejudice do not always recognize what they are evaluating is a dislike of the person because of their physical attributes and not a proper evaluation of the person themselves or the opinions they hold. There are people who search for an excuses to pin their dislike on, scouring news media for stories that demonstrate how awful the president is. that's pretty prejudiced in my opinion. I don't go around looking for reasons to hate certain people. It's seems a bit insane to me.

Part of it probably has to do with how much personality has to do with election campaigns. There are legitimate criticisms of every president, including the current one, but especially on here a lot of what passes for said criticism is clearly motivated by partisan reasons.

So we don't hear why Obama is a bad president so much as 'Obama represents the left and I hate everything the left stands for'. Not really the same.

So Republicans want an apology from the LA Senator because they didn't like what they saw when she held up that mirror? Interesting.

She saw herself in the mirror and she is racist. Sounds right. Using black people for votes

Timeline

So Republicans want an apology from the LA Senator because they didn't like what they saw when she held up that mirror? Interesting.

They are, for lack of a better word, Outrage Queens.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

She called them on it. Feigned outrage is all they have to offer for a comeback. You do the math!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I was having this conversation with someone over PM - that it's a bit silly trying to moderate people's behaviour towards each other when the content that is posted is done so for the purpose of provoking other posters. There's more emphasis on insults flying around than on whether the content that is posted creates an environment where that behaviour becomes more likely.

Filed: Other Timeline

Part of it probably has to do with how much personality has to do with election campaigns. There are legitimate criticisms of every president, including the current one, but especially on here a lot of what passes for said criticism is clearly motivated by partisan reasons.

So we don't hear why Obama is a bad president so much as 'Obama represents the left and I hate everything the left stands for'. Not really the same.

What's strange is that these people fail to grasp that to hold a government to account you have to make legitimate criticisms about specific policy elements and CRUCIALLY, respond with alternate suggestions that would resolve whatever the issue is and not simply tell them how stupid they are for wanting to solve a problem in the way suggested. As a result, the political elite in the US stumbles from crisis to crisis tinkering with this and that and creating a worse and worse mess that no one bothers to address any more. Ridiculous.