Nata NV

Unobtainable passports for child

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, VJ friends!

Help me, please.

For my daughter CR2 Visa we have checklist for "Photocopy of Valid Passport Biographic Data Page". But she has no it.

We answered on checklist, sent photocopy mother's passport week ago, as rep told us. Mother's passport have page with information about child.

Today I read on http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Unobtainable passports

If you cannot obtain a passport, please submit a written explanation when you submit your other documents.

Will I have another checklist for the written explanation? NVC rep did not say anything about they need it.

Thank you for any idea.

ip2qp4.pngKDdUp4.pngzWstp4.png

41F043E0434043F04380441044C043D043004120

12.23.2014 - e-mails from NVC about CC
12.30.2014 - P4 letters, interview scheduled for February 6
12.31.2014 - CEAC statuses changed to "In Transit"

Hmm...Do you have a good reason for why the child cannot get a passport? Do they issue passports to children in Ukraine? If they don't, then the embassy should be aware of this, but I guess you may still have to provide an explanation. I was also reading and it seems that they give children travel documents, are you able to obtain that? Here is a link, jump to country documents:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/UP.html#docs

This does not constitute legal advice.

I found this info, read the second page:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/i_instructions_001.pdf

It looks like it's ok if the child is on your passport, but they must travel with you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I found this info, read the second page:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ukraine/895/pdf/i_instructions_001.pdf

It looks like it's ok if the child is on your passport, but they must travel with you.

Thank you, Ian H. for try to help. But my question was "Will I have another checklist for the written explanation? "

Husband called to NVC last Friday. Rep said we won't got another checklist for the written explanation.

Photocopy mother's passport page with information about child is enough.

But we believe this only when CC will be obtained.

ip2qp4.pngKDdUp4.pngzWstp4.png

41F043E0434043F04380441044C043D043004120

12.23.2014 - e-mails from NVC about CC
12.30.2014 - P4 letters, interview scheduled for February 6
12.31.2014 - CEAC statuses changed to "In Transit"

In the link I provided, it says the child can travel on mom's passport if listed on there and traveling with mom. So you shouldn't receive another checklist for sending the written explanation along with the photocopy of mom's passport with the child's info.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.