Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Passport renewal

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India

Hello all

Ive been searching for an answer to this for quite sometime now. I got married in Jan 2014, and hubby filed an I130 for me in the following month.

Now i had my passport renewed in Sept, stating my married name.

My petition only includes the old passport which is still valid. The CSC or NVC doesnt have the copy of my new pp. Do we need to send them the copies of new pp? Thanks already!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A copy of the beneficiary's passport isn't necessary for the I-130. If your case is at the NVC, that's when you have to send a copy of your passport with the IV package. Also since you are now using your married name, all of your forms should reflect your married name, I-864, DS260, etc.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...