7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have just returned from my AOS biometrics appointment. All went really well and at the end of the fingerprinting, the officer said "ok thats you all done - you will receive your EAD within the next 30 days". Obviously Im thrilled at this news but I thought that each case went back into the system for further processing? I didnt file my AOS until the last day of December 2006 so this all seems pretty quick?

Has anyone else been told the same thing and then received their EAD within 30 days as promised?

thanks!!

They don't issue the EAD so they have no grounds to give you a timeline on when it will be done. EAD's are supposed to be done within 90 days of filing, a lot are but it isn't always guaranteed. If you get it in 30 days that would be great but I don't think it has anything to do with his promise.

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, I did recieve my first EAD within a week after completing the biometrics (August, 2004) which was within 30 days after filing the AOS. My 2nd EAD came within 2 weeks of completing the biometrics (October 2005). The longest time in both of those was waiting for the biometrics appointment. You may well receive your EAD that quickly. Good luck!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Actually, I did recieve my first EAD within a week after completing the biometrics (August, 2004) which was within 30 days after filing the AOS. My 2nd EAD came within 2 weeks of completing the biometrics (October 2005). The longest time in both of those was waiting for the biometrics appointment. You may well receive your EAD that quickly. Good luck!

Well I was concerned when the first reply said that as the Biometrics office dont issue EADs they have no business advising when it will be received, and decided to not get my hopes up in case nothing happened, but I am definitely more comforted by the fact that Kathryn41 received her EADs so quickly. Hopefully I might be lucky too !! Thanks for both the responses - it really helps having advice from those that have been through this...

cheers

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well I was concerned when the first reply said that as the Biometrics office dont issue EADs they have no business advising when it will be received, and decided to not get my hopes up in case nothing happened, but I am definitely more comforted by the fact that Kathryn41 received her EADs so quickly. Hopefully I might be lucky too !! Thanks for both the responses - it really helps having advice from those that have been through this...

cheers

It could be anything from 30 days to 'how long is a peice of string?' Mine was just over 80 days from filing. Most are done within 90 days though.

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

The biometrics pple dont approve your EAD so I agree with Miranda & James that they do not have any grounds giving a timeline but on the other hand u just might get it within 30 days or u may have to wait like everyone else with the normal TAT 90 days.Let us know though.Maybe they is a new timeline :time::)

My husband's biometrics were done Dec 2, 2006 and he still don't have the EAD card. I've learned in this process that it's best not to get your hopes up.

May 8, 2006 - sent 129F

May 9, 2006 - USCIS rec'd 129F

May 19, 2006 - NOA1 rec'd in mail

June 29, 2006 - Received & sent IMBRA RFE

June 30, 2006 - RFE delivered at CSC at 7:46am signed by J Arnett

July 24, 2006 - NOA2 Approved!!!!!!!

July 28, 2006 - Petition received at NVC

August 1, 2006 - Petition leaves NVC

August 15, 2006 - sent packet 3

August 21, 2006 - Medical

August 30, 2006 - Rec'd packet 4

October 2, 2006 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

October 4, 2006 - Visa in hand!!!

October 7, 2006 - POE at JFK and got EAD stamp!

October 21, 2006 - Received Social Security card

October 28, 2006 - Married!!!!!!

AOS/EAD

November 10, 2006 - Sent off AOS/EAD

November 16, 2006 - NOA1 for AOS and EAD

December 2, 2006 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD

January 23, 2007 - Without any touches, we get letter for interview in March

January 26, 2007 - EAD card production ordered

January 29, 2007 - EAD touch - Approval Notice Sent

February 1, 2007 -received EAD card

February 8, 2007 - AOS touch

March 6, 2007 - AOS Interview - approved pending FBI checks

May 25, 2007 & May 29, 2007 - AOS touch- yay! it's been awhile

May 30, 2007 - email notice Welcoming New Permanent Resident

June 6, 2007 - Greencard in hand

REMOVING CONDITIONS

March 15, 2009 - Sent off I-751

April 10, 2009 - Biometrics

May 18, 2009 - APPROVAL LETTER RECEIVED!!! Without any online updates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.