maylet29

Problem with his passport and BC help please

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all

I just got back from vacation in the philippines to visit my fiancee. Well whoever remember my dilemma with my fiancee' passport discripancy with his middle name. Well i went to DFA with them and i spoke to a supervisor about our issues with his middle name not stated on his passport. This is what i found out under the law of the philippines if you are declared as a illegitimate child and the father never signed your BC or have not recognize you as his child. You automatically have to take your mother's last name but his mom put her middle initial in her BC. EXAMPLE: his mother name: ROSE D. MEDINA and his mom put in the BC of her son's name: JOSE D.MEDINA.i guess his mom didnt know what to put at the time so she assume same as hers and if ever they put a middle name on his passport it's gonna be worse cause his mom is gonna look his sister instead of mother. So DFA suggested to go a lawyer to make an AFFIDAVIT OF DISCREPANCY. this will help to explain why his middle name is not stated on the passport. but on his NBI his middle name is stated and also on his CENOMAR...We did that i just dont know if USE honors such AFFIDAVIT..

So please give me some advice here. I really need help here should we just stick with no middle name and explain to a CO why his name should not be on it. We dont want to change his BC because it's gonna look like he just registered late that's a big deal. So what should we do.

I dont want to be put on AR because of his middle name and it was a honest mistake from his mother. We can apply for another NBI and CENOMAR with no middle name.. and my application for K1 has his middle cause of his BC.. im so confused please help. We have our schedule for March.

Maylet29

This is my last post about this matter:

Ok i have a few question i actually filed for my K1 and this is the problem my fiancee' last name is from his mom cause the was never married his biological dad. so his using his mom's last name and the middle name on his BC states only initial (one letter, no description) Example: Name:Jose Middle Name: D. Last Name: Medina . So when i applied for K1 i included his middle name cause it's states on his BC. Now, when he went and get his passport, the lady that works at the passport place stated to him that they cannot include the middle name because that's his mom's middle not his..We are so confused . But it was stated on his BC...So now we have no idea what to do???

So now...

Are we gonna have a problem in the interview? Coz right now his passport doesn't stated anything except his first and last name.then they put - (dashes and leave it black so it's visible. We never thought this is gonna be a big deal but i guess it is...

05/15/06 Send 129F

6/6/06 Receipt # Received (Transffered to CSC)

6/27/06 RFE IMBRA

7/17/06 RFE (Received by CSC email acknowledge)

9/11/06 Email: Receved 2nd RFE(need additional information)

9/18/06 Received 2nd RFE in the Mail...

9/25/06 Mail it to CSC

10/2/06 Received Email (CSC received my 2nd RFE)

10/21/06 Touch

10/23/06 Touch

10/24/06 Touch

10/25/06 Touch

10/26/06 Touch

10/27/06 Touch

10/28/06 NOA2 APPROVED!!!VIA SNAIL MAIL YEY!!! FINALLY!!

11/3/06 RECEIVED NOA2 IN THE MAIL (ORIGINAL)

11/1706 Called NVC and got a MNL#/petition was sent out to Manila Embassy

11/20/06 LETTER FROM NVC TO INFORM CASE IS FORWARDED TO MANILA EMBASSY

11/21/2006 Called Manila Embassy with pin# stated rec'd the Case but need to wait for 1-6months for the interview date available call back next month...

12/27/06 Received a letter from USE Letter

01/28/07 Received his K1 Packet 4

03/15/07 Medical Schedule

03/22/07 Interview Schedule at the USE Manila (PASSED)

3/26/2007 Release from Embassy to Delbros

3/27/2007 Received Visa ( Thank God!!)

4/4/2007 Flying to CHICAGO

4/06/2007 Civil Wedding

5/04/2007 Sent out AOS/EAD

5/29/2007 Tansfer to CSC

6/6/2007 Biometric Schedule

6/10/2007 Touch...

7/14/2007 CHAPEL WEDDING IN VEGAS!!

7/20/2007 RECEIVED GREENCARD (GOOD FOR 2 YEARS)

APRIL 13 2009- NEED TO APPLY REMOVAL OF CONDITION

COUNT YOUR BLESSING!!

I Thank god everyday for his blessing..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.