ranis

Change of address

3 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding change of adress- My mother (Permanent resident) is the petitioner for my brother in F2B. She used to live with my uncle/aunt and used their address for I-130 as well as for her medicare and other state benefits. But then she moved to my house for some time and we changed the address on I-130 but not on her medicare/benefits. This year she stayed alone in a rented apt. for few months.

Now, I am in confusion regarding address on I-130 application, which address should I keep on I-130, she might have different address next year. She never had any permanent address nor any bills under her name, as she paid all bills as cash. Any assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Another question I have is regarding the beneficiary travel status.

I have heard that it is wise for beneficiary to travel abroad(any neighbourig countries) before interview happens for U.S.

For instance, my brother never travelled to any other country, so his passport is blank, would it be helpful and put a good impression on the interviewer if he travels to one or two neighbouring countries before he called out for interview for U.S?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi,

For your first question, your mom should use whatever her primary address is. If she moves again, she changes the address again. There is no penalty for moving around a lot, so she should update the address every time she moves. Otherwise she could risk not receiving mail relevant to the case.

As for the second question, what you have heard is incorrect. Previous travel to other countries has no influence on an immigrant visa decision. For a tourist visa on the other hand it sometimes helps, however for an immigrant visa, previous travel has no bearing on the CO's decision.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.