tonyzaria

Confused.. .. 5 year or 3 year

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi

I have a question... I got my 10 year GC like 4 months ago. and now situation has been changed. my wife wants divorce from me. I am trying to solve our issues but not sure that it will work or not.... We got stoke interview at AOS time..but at ROC there was no interview at all.

So for citizenship I believe that after divorce i have to go by 5 years rule for citizenship .

My question is

1. Is it going to cause issues that we divorced after 3 months of 10 years GC. (we got married in 2011).

2. when i apply for citiznship.. is it going to cause issues to me ?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm not in the same situation as you but I think you need to wait until you have been a LPR for 5 years to apply. If you apply now you run the risk of being denied because of your marital issues. I don't think getting a divorce after getting your GC is an issue and applying after 5 years shouldn't be an issue either, as long as you are a law abiding resident.

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

It won't be a issue for 5 y rule.my gf divorce after she got 10 y gc . She still get citizen by 5 y rule.

For me I apply for 5 y rule I am still married my USC hubb. When I have interviewed, they even have my all gc application file on io table.they even know my nickname. I ask io how she know it, she said they know. They didn't ask gc things, the just asked 6 civic question, read,write, approve it. But I know they have read my gc application file before interview me. They ask me if I marry in another city. They do check my date to move current city and dl address. It is a little bit nervous although I apply for 5 r rule.

<p>06/20/14: N-400 mailed06/23/14: N-400 Delivered06/26/14: I-797 in the mail7/1/14: Fingerprint notification via text and email7/8/14: Fingerprint Letter In the mail7/22/14: Fingerprint Appointment Date7/11/14: Walk-in Fingerprints completed7/24/14: SMS and Email about in-line for interview8/18/2014 receive yellow letter dated8/89/8/2014 interview txt/email9/11/2014 receive interview letter10/14/2014 interview date<p>10/21/2014oath date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.