Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Official Stamp for Tourist Visa

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there-

Thought I would try my luck here and see what I get. Basically:

I have a friend who is Chinese but has American citizenship. His uncle died and he's trying to go back for the funeral, but the embassy is telling him he needs 11ty docs to even get a visa into the country. He's got most of the paperwork besides the birth cert of the "family sponsor" and if he gets that (which he will), they're still saying it needs an "official stamp". What is that and how does he get it?

I know that's a frank statement of the situation but he's got to get this in tomorrow for processing and obviously they won't work over the weekends. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China

It sounds like your friend is speaking about obtaining a Chinese visa, likely an "L" visa, from the PRC embassy or consulates in the US. He should review the "Introduction" information about visas and visa requirements from the Chinese embassy in Washington, DC. Your friend will likely need to go to the servicing embassy/consulate to obtain the required visa. There are firms that will do this for you, for a fee. I am certain that there are even some that will provide expedited service, for an additional fee. Do a Google search for such firms. I have no idea what is meant by an "official stamp"? The Chinese visa requirements have been changing the last couple of years, generally with more requirements.


Good luck.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...