Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

G325a question about working abroad

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom


I've just started filling out the forms for the I-129F working towards a K-1 visa for my fiancee in the UK. While I'm filling out the G325a forms for myself, I'm not sure what to put for the employment abroad bit. We met while I was on a temporary religious worker visa in the UK. technically, I was not employed by the church- I had to raise the funds to support myself, and the church didn't pay me. It was part of the conditions of the visa that I could not be paid. It was a tier 5 visa. Do I still need to include this on the form as work abroad?

Also, do I need to include full addresses for employement, or just name, city and country?

Thanks for any help!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you list it as volunteer religious worker. Then they at least know what you were doing in that timeframe.

Full address is what it says, so I think street address is appropriate, but they likely wouldn't fault you if you put church name and town/country since it will be quite long probably. They don't mail anything to the places. It is just to gather data about what you've been up to and where.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...