neng geulis

MY IR2 VISA JOURNEY

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm currently waiting for my visa to be delivered to my house.

I did not find any ir2 journey over here so I decided to put my own to help out you guys for your children or yourselves.

FILED I-130: november 2013

APPROVED I-130: 28 days after the petition

NVC case creation date: FEBRUARY 3, 2014

NVC LETTER DATE: FEBRUARY 14

RECEIVED NVC LETTER: MARCH 11? Not sure.

Suddenly, our case processing was been hanging for 3 months because we did not receive any emails from the NVC for the next step. I started browsing visa journey, i think that was may,and found out that we can already submit documents after the bills are encoded on the system. Mom called nvc been hold for 1 hour. And was told that they already emailed us 3months ago and that they will just resend the email again.

AOS FEE BILL PAYED ON: FEBRUARY

IV PAYED ON: MAY

Mom already filled out the ds 160 and 260 (if i remember the forms correctly). And aos was mailed through usps-pm on may (i forgot the date but you could check it on my other topic).

NVC CHECKLIST: JULY 12

I-864 number of income does not equal from left to right.

missing nbi clearance

RFC: JULY 14 (mailed through usps-pm)

I did not mail them my original nbi clearance. I just scanned it, mom printed it out, and mailed it to nvc.

CASE WAS EXPEDITED (forgot when)

REASON: my dad served in iraq(which makes him a veteran) just had his eye surgery and he needs us there asap.

i even received an email from nvc that they received my documents last july 16. My mom sent them the same package again on august 4. I received an email again says that they received my documents last august 6. Email says when they received the mail and need to expect 60 days to be reviewed. This was because of the glitch on their system.

CHECKED CEAC: AUGUST 24

CASE COMPLETED: AUGUST 20

Visa status says READY and already at the usem. mom called usem call center and asked if we can know when we are scheduled for interview. Unfortunately, they said there's no schedule yet but we can schedule our own appointment but we need to email first the (i forgot who. Ustraveldocs or the usem). I received a response from iv manila at august 29 saying that i can already schdule my interview appointment. Mom called after 1 hour through the usem call center and i was scheduled first at oct 8 but the guy figured out that there's still slot for the oct 7. My sister took the oct 7. After few minutes, we already received our appointment confirmation. My sister's app letter has the wrong delivery address so mom called them back to tell about the problem on the letter. After 3 minutes when we hang up, we already received my sister's new app letter.

MEDICAL FIRST DAY: september 3 Arrived at 7am number 56 and 57 online.

This sucks actually. I was there at the counter g i think and there was that grumpy woman who interrgoated me like a criminal. @#$* her! She was looking for the nvc letter and told her i left it home because it is not included on the requirements and she was like where did you see that told her on their website and she said why are you making your own requirements and i was pissed off and told her "are you silly? Slec website says appointment confirmation! I don't have the letter from the nvc because i scheduled my interview through the call center!" She became a little kind after that. And she told me that she will not put ir2 on my preference category because i have no proof. And told her "you're so silly! I have my appointment confirmation it says IR2. i was on the cr2 and been changed to ir2 by the nvc because of my parents' marriage!" She sarcastically said how come how come i never heard that before cr2 to ir2. D@#$ her! So silly! And she just told me to bring the nvc letter that shows my case number and visa category. I said i have no letter that says my visa preference! I just have the nvc checklist and she said okay bring that when you come back. I know I've been rude but she was so rude and disrespectful and so unprofessional! Why do you need to be rude and disrespectful to her own countrymen.

Paid the bill on the second floor. Went to the doctor's area for the immunization interview. The doctor asked me several questions like have you been bitten by the dog or cat or rat, had complete vaccinations, last menstruation, asthma,and some common illnesses in the Philippines. She asked me to put my name, contact number, date, and signature on the log book that states that i did not have any sexual contact after my last menstruation . After that, we went to the fifth floor for the vital signs, height and weight, vision test, and physical examination. On the physical examination, i have been asked if i already had surgery, hospitalized, cancer, and etc. Then asked to strip off and wear the hospital gown, and lay down on the bed for the physical check up. I took only 5 minutes on the physical room. I asked the doctor if everything's fine and she said that she cannot leak any information and i said ooookaaaayyyyy.

After that i went to the xray room. Ohh filled up a form first putting on top my first day of last menstruation. Took only 2 minutes there and been told to go to the lab for the blood test. I went there and saw a teenage cute guy who was afraid of the syringe. Lol. Went there and had my blood extraction and the worst part of my first day at the clinic was that i cannot move my arm because of the blood extraction. It became swollen and it hurts like hell.

We came back on friday because of my sister's tst. I was the first one who was called on the immunization area. And saw alot of positive tb patients(that wss scary). Had 3 shots.

I just stayed on the second floor because for the kids who had their tst have their seperate call time for the vaccination that takes forever to be called. we were there at 6:45am and my sister just had her shots at 11am.

I heard my name called to go to the releasing counter. I did not understand what counter if it was a or f or b. They just called you like errr grrr (last syllable of your name). Went down just lounging there and decided to ask for my results and the guy said okay ma'am you need to fill this survey form first and i will call you back. I was called on the counter b after like 10 or 20 minutes. She let me check the spelling of my name on the cd. She asked me for my 2 phone nunbers and asked her why and she said usem looks for 2 phone numbers. And finally she handed me my vaccination record and the cd but no sealed envelope yet because of my missing tdap. Ohhh and she even gave me a small slip that says call us on oct 7 for the availability of the vaccine.

Oct 8...

INTERVIEW

Been at the usem at 5:30am.

You are allowed to bring your own water tumblr or bottle because they have their drinking fountain inside near the kodak booth. You can bring the water inside the waiting area. Been 10 minutes after being called for finger printing. The white guy was so kind and funny. He even asked me if the woman beside me is my sister. I told him "NOOOOOOOOOO! She's my mom." And he laughed. Lol. And been asked to sit again and wait for the number to be called.

While lounging, i overheard a girl who was been asked for a cenomar.

Me: mom can you ask her what is her visa preference.

mom (to the girl): hey, what is your visa type?

Girl: immigrant visa.

mom: yes i know but what i mean is what kind of iv?

Girl: ir2

Me: I'm dead!

Mom: it's fine!

After 10 minutes of lounging, i was been called.

Filipina woman: name and birthday please.

me: (name and birthdate)

Filipina woman: i know you're single, please sign this. (She handed me a white slip and i did not even read it and just write down my name and signed it.)

She asked my mom for the i864a. She checked it and stamped something of my documents and she also asked for theannulment papers. My mom handed her. And just make some chitchats with my mom and done. And asked to seat again and wait for the consular interview.

Just to give you a hint how much is the food in the usem. The chip delights with the white packaging that has like 5 or 6 cookies in it is 50 pesos and the mentos candy is a peso each. The guy in the kiosk told me this

Guy: hey, are you done?

Mom; no still waiting for the consul

Guy: ohhh that would only be fast.

Mom: i hope so and i hope we will pass it because i already book her ticket. I will be flying back to la with them.

Guy: when is your flight back? (Mom told him)

GUy: ohhh. The visa will arrived early. That will just take 7 business days. And you little kid will have your cfo seminar, and ride the plane, and be there, go to school, and marry an american. Ohhh sorry I'm just excited.

when we saw that the consul Counters are already been calling out number we already went in. IT TAKES FOREVER TO BE CALLED. So bring sonething like magazine, book, or rubik's or etc. I slept for like 30 minutes. There was a father and a daughter who sat behind us. I keptsaying my number and mom said okay if will be called soon you're really God's favorite. And the father told te girl like look at them they're already praying for their number.

Well, there's nothing wrong about praying. In fact, that helps a lot. So i told my mom look mom after that batch of peopel we'll be next, my mom said how come we'll be staying here for another 3 hours, i told her nooooo. I can feel it.

2 more available counters an finally after that batch our number already flashed out. I stood up look at the father's reaction and they were like WOOOOOOWWWW!

Consular interview...

CO: good morning!

Me and mom: good morning

CO: please read that on your right (did the oath taking)

CO: name please and birthdate

Me: (told him)

CO: who petitioned for you?

Me: my daddy (in happy loud voice)

CO: (said something on a decreasing voice)

Me: pardon?

CO: sorry...

When did you last see your daddy?

Me: january 2011.

CO: how was your father became a usc?

Me: he was naturalized. (I took like 20 seconds to answer that and he noticed it)

CO TO MOM: are you married to her father?

mOm:yes. Sir the one she was talking about is my present husband not her biological father but i was married to him and been annuled.

CO: ohhh I'm sorry.

When did you get married with your husband? (Told him)

CO: Do you have any id mom?

Mom: yes sir i have 2 ids here.

CO: can i see that maam.

Mom: (hanedthe California id card and the military dependent card)

CO: okay you ma'ams you can have your seat now and wait for you to called on the other counter. Thank you!

Mom: thank you!

Me; thank you!

CO:(smiled) yeah thank you.

I was scared during the releasing counter because most of the people on the line ahead of us was been told okay we will email you on how to submit your missing documents.

Guy: name and age

Me: (told him)

Guy: is this you?

me: yes.

Guy: ohhh okay don't get married yet wai for your greencard

And had some chichats,

And we were told that we can already go home and wait for the package.

I checked my visa status at 8pm on the same day and still has the readystatus last touched on oct 8. Checked it again at 3am, 6am, 8am, 9am, 10am,12 noon, checked it i the mall at 5pm still the same status.

Went home. Checked it around 8pm, last touch date was changed to sept 16 2014. Been worried, checked visa jouney topics and found it as a good sign.

Checked the status after 20 minutes.

VISA STATUS: ISSUED

that's it. I will just update you guys when i already received my visa. Please bear with my grammar and spelling.haven't slept yet.

May the odds be ever in your favor! Goodbye!:)

Excellent write up.

Congratulations and welcome to the US.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.