Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I filed my I-485 (with the EAD and AP) last week. Yesterday I received the text and email with NOA1 dates (October 1 and 3).

My mother had a stroke overseas a couple of weeks ago (she is still not stable enough to be flown home to Canada) and I need to go back to Canada when she returns and take care of finances and paperwork.


1. Do I have to wait for the mailed NOA1 to make an appointment to try and expedite the AP on medical emergency grounds?

2. What exactly do I need to present to support the emergency claim? Is there a form to be completed and signed by a doctor? Apparently the doctors in Netherlands only will complete a form, not a general letter, but if I need a form, would I get it from them, or from her doctor in Canada?

3. What are the chances that this would constitute a sufficient emergency for expedite?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...