Qiix2

US Embassy Manila CEAC Visa Status is stuck on READY 2 months

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ Community,

Our CEAC Visa Status is stuck on “READY” with no change since our interview on 7/31/2014. There have been several status date changes but always “READY” for the case status on 2 cases.

We filed I-130 on 5/10/13 for IR-5 visas to bring Mama and Papa here to USA from Philippines to live with us. These two cases are being processed together.

After 14 long months Mama and Papa finally had their interview on July 31 2014. Apparently Visas were not approved. Mama and Papa did not get the green 221g slip but from what we were told the Visa should arrive in about 3 weeks. Here’s what has actually happened since the interview.

• 7/31/2014 - Interview
  • 8/4/2014 – First Letter

In Summary - We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end: NBI written explanation of "no criminal record"

• 8/13/2014 – Second Letter

In Summary – Instructions on how to follow up with NBI in Manila for the Letter of Explanation and the statement “We will continue processing your case as soon as we receive the result of your interview with NBI.”

• 8/19/2014 –NBI interview in Manila for Letters of explanation
  • 8/22/2014 – Case status date change (Embassy picked up Letters from NBI)
  • 8/25/2014 – Case Status Change (Letters forwarded to Consular officer per Embassy Customer service)

I have called the Embassy 3 times and continue to be told that the result of the interview with NBI has been forwarded to Consular officer on 8/25 and that they have a high volume and that is why it is taking so long.

I am becoming a little concerned since it has been in a consular officer’s queue for a month now and also because the case status has not changed from READY for almost two months.

Has anyone else experienced a READY status for Two months after the interview? Also interested in hearing and info on how the Embassy prioritizes 221g reply cases.

Thanks to all for listening,

Gary and Emi

Timeline

We had another status date change to today- Still says "Ready" status but now the status date is 9/24/13. We didn't call the Embassy today so I guess someone looked at the cases.

I called the beneficiary (Papa) today and he also did not call the embassy. He also told me that during the Interview on July 31 the Consular officer told him "Congratulations" so maybe everything else is in order!

Timeline

Good News! Checked Case Status just now approx. 3:30 AM Mountain Time and Status/Date is changed to Issued for both Mama and Papa.

Interesting to me that the case status never changed to AP so If you're stuck in READY don't give up hope. Gotta update my timeline LOL.

THANKS BE TO GOD and THANK you U.S. EMBASSY MANILA!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello.. i was interviewed sep 19... i don't have my visa until now... i am starting to worry because i was told then that my visa was approved

my friends recvd their visas 5-7 days after the interview... will i wait a little longer?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.