patdev

Case information.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I am trying to find out that how long the category of IR1/CR1 is taking for india. My friend has filed for it and need to know the probable time line.

Thanks

TimeLine

December 8 2004: Filled I 130

Jan 27 2005: approval and priority date which was Dec. 30 2004. NOA1

March 2nd 2005: Received visa processing fees and Affidavit of support fee Bill IV

March 5th 2005: Send fee bill via Registered mail.

March 7th 2005: Got message that they have received the Fee bills and in process to generate the I864 and DS 230.

Long wait of period then:

Exactly 25 working days later

April 26th 2005: Got package at lawyer office.

April 29th 2005: Got DS 230 Signed from my spouse from India.

May 1st 2005: Mailed express(Fedex) overnight the package.

May 5th 2005: Case completed.

May 11th 2005: Case sent to Indian US embassy(Mumbai)

Waiting for interview date now.

YEAH...Finally.. the date is here.

July 13th Interview(Exact two months after case completed at NVC and sent to Mumbai Embassy)))))

June 20(approx) Police Clearance.

1st July Medical!!

13th JULY Interview and APPROVED!!!

HAPPY REUNION on 18th of JULY after 7 months and 5 days of Sending out the I 130 to interview approved!!

:):):)

17 July Got Letter 797 for Green Card issuence!

28 July SSN Card.

8 August Green Card recieved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi all,

I am trying to find out that how long the category of IR1/CR1 is taking for india. My friend has filed for it and need to know the probable time line.

Thanks

Patdev,

Check out my timeline in the signature below.. it is very detailed. Highlevel, my time at CSC with USCIS was about 80 days or so, during which time the I-130 was approved. Then it went to the NVC in November. I think I'll still be at the NVC for another 4 weeks.. before final approval and the file being sent to Mumbai... so I'm looking at approx 6 months in total for USCIS and NVC. After it gets to Mumbai from what I gather the interview will be scheduled at Mumbai for approx 2 months after it gets to Mumbai.. so in my case about May. So in all I'm looking at about 8-9 months. And I think it's save to say that 8-9 months is going to be the average for most people. Ofcourse the time could take longer if you have issues with your case or shorter if you get very lucky.

By the way, do not have your friend do a DCF.. a Direct Consular Filing.. apparently a new law went into effect in the last couple of days and is causing major issues for people who did DCF.. check out the DCF forum from the home page for more information.

Good luck to your friend.

08/06/06 - Married in India 3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_india_2fawm.gif

------------------------------------USCIS - CSS-----------------------------------------

09/09/06 - Submited I-130

09/19/06 - NOA1

11/27/06 - NOA2 - Approval

----------------------------------------NVC------------------------------------------------

12/07/06 - NVC Received and Case # Assigned

12/18/06 - AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032generated

12/19/06 - E-mail DS-3032 Choice of Agent to NVC

12/20/06 - AOS Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

12/22/06 - DS-3032 Choice of Agent Accepted (received e-mail conformation from NVC)

12/25/06 - IV Fee Bill Generated by NVC

01/03/07 - ASO Application generated by NVC

01/06/07 - IV Fee Bill Received (snail mail)

01/08/07 - IV Fee Bill sent next day delivery to St. Louis by USPS

01/12/07 - ASO Application received (snail mail)

01/13/07 - ASO I864-EZ application sent to NVC priority mail (3 day delivery)

01/15/07 - DS230 Generated

01/18/07 - DS230 sent to NVC - overnight delivery by USPS

01/26/07 - DS230 finally received 11 days after it was generated.. can anyone say snail mail..

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE AT NVC

02/28/07 - Case left NVC

03/03/07 - Case received at Mumbai Embassy

05/22/07 - Medical Interview Breach Candy Mumbai

05/24/07 - Interview date at Mumbai consulate - APPROVED!

06/02/07 - Mumbai - Paris - Atlanta - Charlotte. Departs June 1st 4.45am EST Arrives June 2nd 4.12pm EST

07/10/07 - Received Conditional Greencard. Still waiting on the SSN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.