twstr988

Customs and Traveling to Philippines Next Month

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you :) I cant wait to get there and yes she has told me so much about Iloilo and I will take your advice and try it. I am definitely coming terminal 3 because I am flying ANA Airlines from Chicago to Tokyo than to Manila. The airline itself has a permanent gate area at terminal 3. Her flight also says arrives at terminal 3 and we also fly out of terminal 3 so terminal 3 has from I see gotten so much better than a lot of other airports in the world from what people have said. But yea she is flying Cebu Pacific into #3 and I am flying ANA Airlines (Japan airline) and the airline and even the airport map for Manila shows their perm gates in #3 :) Thank you again. I am feeling somewhat better already.

Here is the ANA airlines website that shows the details. Just double checked like you said :) DOes say right near top all ANA flights at terminal 3 :)https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_common/guides/airports/int/mnl/index.html

Here is the ANA airlines website that shows the details. Just double checked like you said :) DOes say right near top all ANA flights at terminal 3 :)https://www.ana.co.jp/wws/us/e/asw_common/guides/airports/int/mnl/index.html

Awesome! Then there's definitely no need for you to worry. Safe travels and all the best! :thumbs:

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Awesome! Then there's definitely no need for you to worry. Safe travels and all the best! :thumbs:

Thank you so much again :) I cant wait. Yes I also double checked her itinerary for her landing in Manila and yes also says Terminal 3 is her arrival. Thanks again. I feel better hearing from you and knowing this. I am starting to feel excited again. I was so worried and over thinking everything. It was meant to be for sure considering that the arrivals are same terminal and just seems like it fell into place perfect. I have never done this so I was just so nervous which a lot of people from here do have their first time. I love flying but have never been out of the USA and my first time is to the Philippines. You are making me feel more welcome. I also made the mistake of over reading things which only was seeing bad stories. Which was my mistake. I will likely be nervous until I get there but thats just the part of being away from home for so long. But I do feel better about the airport part now. Thank you for the help :)

My understanding is that Terminal 1 is closed now, all international flights and most others are in the finally completed Terminal 3

I was sweating all kinds of stuff my first trip there.

1. They love Americans. Customs, Immigration in general just love to see you come to spend your money. I have been through customs 4 times now, never stopped once, just hand them the form and go.

2. Hang on to your money. The poorest American is middle class there, you are surrounded by desperate people. You are not in a great deal of danger if you are smart, but if you put your wallet down it is gone. Keep in mind it has easily a years pay for some of those people in it.

3. Let her do all the talking and negotiating. They feel they are entitled to overcharge you but she can probably handle it. Just look mean when she gets mad and remember they can understand you when you speak.

Have fun. My visits to the Philippines were absolutely the best times I have ever had in my life.

Spousal Visa

NOA-1 8-2-2018 TSC

NOA-2 3-15-2019

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much again :) I cant wait. Yes I also double checked her itinerary for her landing in Manila and yes also says Terminal 3 is her arrival. Thanks again. I feel better hearing from you and knowing this. I am starting to feel excited again. I was so worried and over thinking everything. It was meant to be for sure considering that the arrivals are same terminal and just seems like it fell into place perfect. I have never done this so I was just so nervous which a lot of people from here do have their first time. I love flying but have never been out of the USA and my first time is to the Philippines. You are making me feel more welcome. I also made the mistake of over reading things which only was seeing bad stories. Which was my mistake. I will likely be nervous until I get there but thats just the part of being away from home for so long. But I do feel better about the airport part now. Thank you for the help :)

If one of you has to wait long for the other flight to arrive, I would suggest to forego the waiting area and try to meet up in one of the coffee shops/food places instead. Hope that helps.

My understanding is that Terminal 1 is closed now, all international flights and most others are in the finally completed Terminal 3

Actually no. The moves were only to ease congestion in T1. There was never a plan to shutdown T1 (the consensus is T3 couldn't handle all the load by itself anyway). T1 is getting repaired in phases but will continue to operate.

Timeline

Awesome. You guys are great :) Thank you so much for all this information. You are answering all of my concerns and making it feel better for me. I am now really getting excited. I even changed my Tmobile plan in the USA so I get free unlimited data and texts internationally. Calls are only 20 cents per minute. To make it free for us we talk on phone everyday but through messenger services both on WiFi so its free. I have unlimited so when I get there we can just messenger talk again. Same as phone call. Plus in Manila I will have 3G coverage so should be easy. Thats true I could just send a message saying where I am. I know she said she will be there waiting even if for 2 hours but Im sure she will go get coffee or something :) She is wonderful. So is her whole family. Her cousin is a travel agent so she got the domestic flights for us after I get there which was a HUGE relief also. This is my first time also on a jumbo jet. 777-300ER to Tokyo so that will be exciting also. The connecting in Tokyo is a 767 which I have flown on but still big. I just hope I can get some sleep on the first leg during the 13 hour flight. I am just hoping no delays for mine. Long ways to go and weather I hope will be fine for no delays.

Awesome. You guys are great :) Thank you so much for all this information. You are answering all of my concerns and making it feel better for me. I am now really getting excited. I even changed my Tmobile plan in the USA so I get free unlimited data and texts internationally. Calls are only 20 cents per minute. To make it free for us we talk on phone everyday but through messenger services both on WiFi so its free. I have unlimited so when I get there we can just messenger talk again. Same as phone call. Plus in Manila I will have 3G coverage so should be easy. Thats true I could just send a message saying where I am. I know she said she will be there waiting even if for 2 hours but Im sure she will go get coffee or something :) She is wonderful. So is her whole family. Her cousin is a travel agent so she got the domestic flights for us after I get there which was a HUGE relief also. This is my first time also on a jumbo jet. 777-300ER to Tokyo so that will be exciting also. The connecting in Tokyo is a 767 which I have flown on but still big. I just hope I can get some sleep on the first leg during the 13 hour flight. I am just hoping no delays for mine. Long ways to go and weather I hope will be fine for no delays.

Glad to know someone who's excited as I am about being on a jumbo :) Just a word of caution, the Japanese carries (ANA & JAL) tend to keep their cabins warm inflight (roughly 74-75F, sometimes higher). I would suggest bringing an extra pair of appropriate clothing to change into just in case. Have a safe flight.

Timeline

Glad to know someone who's excited as I am about being on a jumbo :) Just a word of caution, the Japanese carries (ANA & JAL) tend to keep their cabins warm inflight (roughly 74-75F, sometimes higher). I would suggest bringing an extra pair of appropriate clothing to change into just in case. Have a safe flight.

Thanks for the tip :) I will throw an extra changing in my carry on just in case. Yea I am very looking forward to taking the large plane. Ive taken alot of local flights but usually 737s so this will be for sure a new experience.

Timeline

The only other thing I am not looking forward to is the time changes. Take off at 10:45am here and land at 1:30pm in Tokyo. No darkness at all on the way.

The only other thing I am not looking forward to is the time changes. Take off at 10:45am here and land at 1:30pm in Tokyo. No darkness at all on the way.

It'll be dark enough inside the plane :) They'll dim the cabin lights and close the shades as people generally want to sleep on that long of a flight.

Timeline

It'll be dark enough inside the plane :) They'll dim the cabin lights and close the shades as people generally want to sleep on that long of a flight.

Thank you so much :) Looking forward to this whole trip.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.