overandout

London Embassy wait time?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I e-mailed the London Embassy recently to find out if they'd gotten our case yet and when we should expect to recieve an interview date, and this is the reply I recieved:

We have no record of having yet received an approved petition and case

file in Mr. *******'s (my husband) name. However, there is currently a delay of 6 to 8

weeks between the date the forms are received by the Embassy and the date in

which they are processed and entered on to our system. As soon as the

Immigrant Visa Unit has received your forms and completed the required additional

processing on your application you can anticipate receiving further

information on how to proceed.

(just as a note, we did tell them that NVC had told us the case was sent to them...which we're not actually totally sure of since we can't get through to an operator or the automated system, we've just assumed it's been mailed out since it's been almost 2 working weeks since our case complete date and were hoping for a miracle ;))

So will it really be 6-8 weeks before they can even give us an interview date? Or, if the date is assigned by NVC (I'm still not clear on this, who books/assigns the visa interview date??), will we be given an interview date soon while London processes our forms in the meantime in time for the interview? Wish I knew/understood the inner workings of all these government processes. :unsure::cry:

Edited by yellow_stars18

So will it really be 6-8 weeks before they can even give us an interview date? Or, if the date is assigned by NVC (I'm still not clear on this, who books/assigns the visa interview date??), will we be given an interview date soon while London processes our forms in the meantime in time for the interview? Wish I knew/understood the inner workings of all these government processes. :unsure::cry:

Basically when you are required at NVC stage to submit both DS-230 pt I & II.......those are the cases that the NVC schedules the interview. In the case of London.....London will schedule your interview date. Thats about all I can help you with Im afraid as Im not familiar with the interview wait times etc there.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Other Timeline

Basically when you are required at NVC stage to submit both DS-230 pt I & II.......those are the cases that the NVC schedules the interview. In the case of London.....London will schedule your interview date. Thats about all I can help you with Im afraid as Im not familiar with the interview wait times etc there.

Thanks, that was one of my main sources of confusion, I couldn't figure out who was going to be doing it...luckily about ten minutes after making this post (it figures) I got through at NVC and talked to an operator who basically confirmed what you said and also gave me the date our case was sent to London, yay, one more piece of the puzzle...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.