BritAbroad2015

London Medical appt and next steps

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick!

One other question. The doctor ticked 'not routinely available' for varicella. I had it when younger but no proof. Would AOS accept that DS-3025 that is marked incomplete blanket waiver or would I need to get it done in US before applying? Anyone else from UK applied for AOS with this?

Thanks

Thanks Nich-Nick!

One other question. The doctor ticked 'not routinely available' for varicella. I had it when younger but no proof. Would AOS accept that DS-3025 that is marked incomplete blanket waiver or would I need to get it done in US before applying? Anyone else from UK applied for AOS with this?

Thanks

That could be a problem because as a K1, you have the opportunity to get a varicella shot in the US, right? If you were a CR1 who doesn't adjust status then it would be okay because there is no available vaccine to get. CR1s get a greencard status as soon as they enter the US. They have no opportunity to catch up after entry like a K1.

Anybody on a k1 who has had chickenpox should have VH written in by the varicella shot. Varicella History. Look at your form before you leave. They are instructed to take your word for it. No proof. Tell them to redo the sheet because "not routinely available" isn't an appropriate waiver for someone who had chickenpox.

For azuki-- Your form is not completed properly in the strictest sense.

Maybe an adjudicator at USCIS will over look it, and maybe not. There are a lot of them. Try it and see what happens. If you get an RFE, then go find a Civil Surgeon to correct your vaccination documentation. You don't need a shot, but you need VH on the form for it to be absolutely correct. The civil surgeon is supposed to take your word also. I would go for a "maybe" RFE to avoid spending a lot of money at the CS, because in one month, you would also need a flu shot if you get a new immunization form.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I had no proof of my original mmr jab from childhood and it means they want me to get another one. :(.

They don't take your word on jabs. Of course you needed proof. You should ring up Knightsbridge and tell them to hold your medical report until you can get the MMR shot and send the proof. Tell them you want it recorded on the DS-3025. Get the shot and have the doctor office fax it to Knightsbridge. If the GP has a record of your baby shots, then fax those as proof. Ask Knightsbridge to mail you a copy of the corrected form.

Once your report leaves there and goes to the embassy, there is no correction opportunity.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

They don't take your word on jabs. Of course you needed proof. You should ring up Knightsbridge and tell them to hold your medical report until you can get the MMR shot and send the proof. Tell them you want it recorded on the DS-3025. Get the shot and have the doctor office fax it to Knightsbridge. If the GP has a record of your baby shots, then fax those as proof. Ask Knightsbridge to mail you a copy of the corrected form.

Once your report leaves there and goes to the embassy, there is no correction opportunity.

I had my immunisation record and it stated it was my 2nd MMR. I contacted them and got them to put it on hold until i can get a copy of my childhood immunisations. Thanks for the advice :)

Timeline

Thanks for the updates. I've changed my appt for a week later... so all should be good.

Also, with regards to Armenia option....I've noticed alot of Brits have this. I think its because there is no british option. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Amber

Thanks for the updates. I've changed my appt for a week later... so all should be good.

Also, with regards to Armenia option....I've noticed alot of Brits have this. I think its because there is no british option. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Amber

Go to your timeline.

Click edit/add to timeline.

Scroll down about a dozen boxes until you see "US Embassy"

Pick London in the "L" section not "U" for UK.

If you don't scroll down, Armenia is the bottom of the list that opens so you got that by not scrolling maybe.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Medical all done and dusted. Few closures on the tube, but found the Knightsbridge doctors relatively easily. They were running on time, so I'd advise to get there promptly. I was in and out in 1hour and 15 minutes.

Let me know if any questions guys.

Cheers.

Amber

Medical all done and dusted. Few closures on the tube, but found the Knightsbridge doctors relatively easily. They were running on time, so I'd advise to get there promptly. I was in and out in 1hour and 15 minutes.

Let me know if any questions guys.

Cheers.

Amber

How was the overall experience? Do they ask you questions? I am just a little bit concerned since I have self harm scars, I'm wondering if they will mention it (of course they will) but im gonna take a Dr note saying that I am not a threat to myself or anyone and I'm great, But with the self harm I didn't even went to the doctor with it. Do you think this will cause an issue? :) Edited by Hiroshi 宏

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Timeline

Hey,.

Honestly, the overall experience was good. I was nervous as I hate needles and knew I needed a tetanus shot and they do a blood test. But I told the Doctors and they were super nice about it.

1) I went to reception and filled out paperwork, took 3 minutes

2) Next I saw the nurse 1st. She went through all my vaccinations and then gave me my tetanus shot as I expected.

3) Then I had an x-ray and was asked to keep my gown on afterwards

4) Then saw the Doctor. Had to do a eye test (you know where you cover one eye and read a line of letters), she did ask about mental heath and whether I'd abused drugs/alcohol and then I sat on the bed and she felt my neck and looked at my back. She then did a check of my womens parts. Took my blood pressure. Took my blood. And then I got dressed

5) You pay and then you're done.

I dont know too much about the whole process to be honest, but from threads I've read if you bring that note it sounds like you will be fine. I think its like you said, just that you're not a risk to yourself or anyone else.

When is your medical? We must be at a similar stage!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.