Pari

I-131 Biometrics walk-ins?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Just applied for a re-entry permit beginning of August and have not recieved a date to attend for biometrics. Has anyone simply walked in to USCIS office and gotten biometrics taken without an appointment? If I did this, would they provide a stamp/document as proof that I submitted fingerprints? Need to show this proof to border agents when I come back next year...

Anyone know how long it takes to get biometrics appointment?

Thx for help!!

You cannot go without the letter. Some won't even let you go with the letter, if its not on the appointment date.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Thanks Caryh! Any idea how many weeks between NOA and biometrics appointment?

So... has anyone tried WITH the appointment letter? I'm in a tight situation and need to go back overseas SOON!

Ciao.

Edited by Pari

I'm not sure what office handles that process, or how fast they are about it. CSC has been pretty quick lately for other applications.

Here's a link as to reported success and failure at different locations for an early walk in.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/367977-thinking-of-early-walk-in-for-biometrics/page-9

Give an update in the thread if you attempt it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Hello,

Just applied for a re-entry permit beginning of August and have not recieved a date to attend for biometrics. Has anyone simply walked in to USCIS office and gotten biometrics taken without an appointment? If I did this, would they provide a stamp/document as proof that I submitted fingerprints? Need to show this proof to border agents when I come back next year...

Anyone know how long it takes to get biometrics appointment?

Thx for help!!

My guess is that it would depend on the Application Support Center you get. Have you received anything at all?

I would call USCIS and speak to a Tier 2 to see what happened to your NOA/biometrics appointment first of all. Last summer, when I applied for my I-131, USCIS supposedly sent me 3 notices - never got a single one of them. If they have had any undelivered stuff for you the Tier 2 IO should be able to tell you.

I had to go overseas pretty quick after I applied too. I managed to do my biometrics through an INFOPASS appointment in the end. Once you do get your biometrics done, stay on top of it until you get a decision - my best piece of advice.

Also you can get your permit delivered to a US Consulate abroad - that's what I did.

Good luck!

Timeline

Thx TeamMcG!

Yes, just got my appointment letter! So will try Tues morning at Sacramento office. Hope it goes well. How can you book a biometrics appointment on INFOPASS? Is that quicker than10 days? My apntmnt is Sept 11 but i don't want to wait even that long...

Ciao.

You book the INFOPASS appointment and go with your appointment letter. My understanding is that it depends on the office if they take the biometrics ahead of time. I think some people have done walk-ins with ther appointment letters - essentially what I did was show up at the office, book an INFOPASS (which was for the next day) and convince the people at the office to take my biometrics that day - it was a 3 hour drive for us. Mine was an exceptionally long shot and it almost didn't happen. Make the INFOPASS appointment and take your appointment letter - good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.