SimAsh

Sample invitation letter for brother to visit US

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone, I have a sample "invitation letter" that I used when we had my wife's mother/father went through the vistior visa in past. My question is, is it ok to use same letter that I used for them.

**************************************************************************************************************

Jane Doe

2978 Vineyard St.

Dougsville, FL 35806

August 25, 2014

John Doe

16 Tulsi Vila

Gnadhinagar, Gujarat 384002

Sub: Invitation to visit USA

Dear David:

I would like to invite you to the United States of America to stay with us for three months. It would be very nice to have you with us. During your course of stay, we would visit various tourist places in the USA such as Chattanooga, Chicago, Disney World, and Washington DC.

During your stay in the United States, I will bear all your responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities, return air ticket fare to travel from INDIA to USA and back, travel expenses within USA, medical insurance, housing and food. You will stay with me in my house located at the above mentioned address.

During your stay here, you will also get an opportunity to see and experience western culture, meet different kinds of people and a different variety of food. You will also enjoy the nice weather and nice city I live in.

We are excited to having you with us. So, please begin planning for the trip. I am eagerly waiting for you to visit me.

Yours lovingly,

Mike & Marry Smith

*********************************************************************************

Does the above letter sounds professional or do I need any editing?

Does anyone know how or what chances he may have in coming to see us? (We have two kids that would love to see his/her uncle, should I put that in letter or no?)

I will prepare the same package (I134, Sponsor Letter, Employment Letter, last three years tax return, etc.) that I did for my wife's mother/father, is there anything different I should do for him?

Again I really appreicate VJ member.

Thank you,

SimAsh

The package you want to prepare is not exactly what they are looking for. From the Department of State website:

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa.

So I guess you can submit it if it will make you happy, but from the above statement it is not going to be used to make a decision.

Edit: And yes, I do realize you have done this before for your in laws, but again, that would not have determined their eligibility for the visa.

Edited by Pickle

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Timeline

Thank you Pickle for your response, and I understand that submitting or taking letter or Affidavit of Support will not be the weighing factor in Visitor Visa (but this will make me happy that I tried...). What are your suggestions for this situation? Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Regards,

SimAsh

Timeline

Thank you, RhettVoe. Understood. Ok, so I will tell him to get a letter from his employer stating his job title, current salary and so on. I will also ask him to get letter from his employer showing that his leave of absence for three months has been approved and so on. Do you think this is sufficient enough? Can you think of anything else (other than finacial statements, bank statements, properties, etc.) that he should bring with him during the interview. He is in his late twenties so, I am not confident that CO may not grant him visitor visa. However, he has no interntion of residing in US, he comes from wealthy family and has well paid job. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Thanks,

SimAsh

Timeline

That is typo on my part. As I mentioned earlier, I am using the statements from previous letter/documents I prepared for my in-laws. For his case, most likely it will be around 3 weeks. He is been at his current position for more than five years. Thanks

Yes, what RhettVoe said.

3 weeks sounds like a normal vacation time. All the documents that you mentioned sounds good. When I went for my visitor's visa interview, I also just took my contract letter for my job, and some financial documents. No documents can ever guarantee a visa, since they look at each individual's case. The country you are from also plays a role. But whatever documents you think will proof that he has to return to his country will be sufficient.

Naturalization:

12/13/18: File online application

12/15/18: Receive notification for biometrics appointment (no date)

12/31/18: Biometrics

02/25/19: Receive interview letter (April 8 )

04/08/19: Interview, approved!

04/12/19: Oath scheduled for April 26 

04/26/19: Oath Ceremony! 🇺🇸

ROC:

04/26/17:  Sent ROC package

04/27/17:  Package received

05/20/17:  Biometrics letter received

06/02/17:  Biometrics

08/22/18:  Card being produced

AOS from F1 visa:

08/16/14: Sent AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

08/19/14: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

08/22/14: Acceptance confirmation text messages/emails

08/22/14: Checks cashed

08/26/14: Hard copies of NOA's received in mail

08/27/14: Biometrics appointment notice received. Scheduled for 9/8/14.

09/08/14: Biometrics

11/14/14: File service request (Day 88)

11/24/14: EAD/AP approved (Day 98)

12/01/14: EAD mailed

12/03/14: EAD received

03/12/15: Status changed to Testing & Interview

04/16/15: Interview, no decision

07/17/15: "Your card is in production" email!

08/07/15: Card mailed

08/10/15: Card received!

~11 months, 3 weeks & 4 days from filing to green card in hand, no RFE's~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.