cchhat01

Did we send enough evidence?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We filed the I-751 on behalf of my wife and now I'm feeling a bit jittery/nervous about the number of Bank Statements we sent.

Here's what we sent altogether:

• Application Fee – $590 – Personal Check ($505: I-751, $85: Biometrics Fee)
  • USCIS Form I-751
  • Copy of USCIS Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card)
  • Copy of current passport
  • Three (3) sworn Affidavits by family and friends attesting to our relationship and marriage
  • Copy of IRS Tax Transcripts for three (3) years of jointly filed tax returns (2011-2012-2013)
  • Joint Bank Statements spanning 2 years (4 statements)
  • Written Notice from Bank attesting the validity of the account as a Joint Account
  • Copy of health insurance cards showing joint policy
  • Copy of SonyCard credit cards showing joint ownership
  • Copy of GEICO insurance policy page showing joint account ownership
  • Copy of airline e-Tickets & boarding passes for vacation in India (August 2012 – September 2012)
  • Copy of credit card statement showing ticket purchase (August 2012 – September 2012)
  • Copy of airline e-Tickets for travel to India (February 2014 – March 2014)
  • Copy of credit card statement(s) showing ticket purchase (February 2014 – March 2014)
  • Passports entrance/exit stamps for both travel trips to India (2012 & 2014)
  • Ticket stubs and credit card statement for visit to Empire State Building & Statue Of Liberty (March 2012)

We basically focussed on hard evidence about being together (passport stamps etc, airline tickets, etc) and didn't send any pictorial evidence.

What is bothering me is that we only sent 4 Bank Statements; January & February 2012 (because the account became "Joint" on 12-26-2011 Shortly after the wedding 12-23-2011) and June & July 2014 (most recent statements showing the account is still joint). We obviously should have sent more because the statements in between leaves a lot of room for speculation. Obviously we didn't change anything about the account.

So we also decided to get a letter from the Bank where the account is held. This letter basically states that the account has been join since the aformentioned date. It happens to be on the Bank letterhead and is very much official. Would this also count as proof? Should I stop being so paranoid?

I've attached the letter (with private information blacked out) to get an opinion here as to whether is solidifies proof that the bank account has been joint and has stayed as joint.

Thanks,

cchhat01

post-104867-0-20759900-1408747977_thumb.jpg

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

01-Mar-2017: Filed N400 Application

08-Mar-2017: Check Cashed

08-Mar-2017: NOA

06-Apr-2017: Early FingerPrints (Orig: 12-Apr-2017)

10-Apr-2017: Case In Line for Interview

10-Sep-2017: Interview Scheduled

20-Oct-2017: Interview, recommended for approval

01-Dec-2017: In line for Oath

08-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony Scheduled SMS/Email

19-Dec-2017: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

First, what about evidence of cohabitation and joint lease or ownership of property? I'd be much more concerned about that than bank statements.

However, yes I would send more bank statements. They will want to see not only that you had a joint bank account but actually used it for transactions. Many filers send one statement per quarter from the date of marriage to I-751 filing.

Timeline

First, what about evidence of cohabitation and joint lease or ownership of property? I'd be much more concerned about that than bank statements.

However, yes I would send more bank statements. They will want to see not only that you had a joint bank account but actually used it for transactions. Many filers send one statement per quarter from the date of marriage to I-751 filing.

Cohabitation: We live with my parents. House is under their name, and don't have a written lease agreement or something of that sort. We basically help out with the house (house is already paid off). I take care of internet, tv, phones, cellphones bills, etc. Both me and wife have state issued IDs (driver's license and learner's permit, respectively) showing the same address information. Why didn't this occur to me during the filing? I'm not sure.

Also, since the parents live with us, they provided us with affidavits saying that we are happily married and that we all live together at that address (all notarized and signed). Another affidavit is from a friend who attended our wedding and who we hangout with all the time attesting that our relationship and marriage is very much in good faith.

On another note, we already filed our application and the NOA is dated 08-15-2014 so should we send the Driver license copies and additional bank statements as an addendum (as a separate mailing) after we receive our biometrics (which will include the case number as well)?

A friend of mine in similar situation (married and also living with parents) didn't have any problems such as RFE, etc. Infact he sent only a single bank statement. BUT huband and wife both sent copies of their Driver's license.

Should we send this stuff as an addendum to our filing (shortly after receiving our case number on the biometrics appointment)?

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ami&chigs .... You are paranoid for no reason. You have sent enough financial proof.. You should be focused on others proof as well. The docs you have sent i think should be sufficeint. The question remains "you dont have any pictures with each other in 2 years?" Big redflag..

But dont forget the joint tax returns are a big plus...

Timeline

Ami&chigs .... You are paranoid for no reason. You have sent enough financial proof.. You should be focused on others proof as well. The docs you have sent i think should be sufficeint. The question remains "you dont have any pictures with each other in 2 years?" Big redflag..

But dont forget the joint tax returns are a big plus...

We thought of pictures together as secondary proof and hence we didn't think it was as important sending them. We have tons of pictures uploaded on facebook and social media. If they wanted to they could do some extra work and find them in their "background check." But I do agree that had we sent them with our application, it would have made the decision making process a bit easier. I'll get pictures on the list as well if we decide on filing an addendum.

Things so far:

• My Driver's License and Her Learner's permit showing same residence
  • More bank statements (1 per quarter and showing transactions of usage)
  • Pictorial evidence of us together at various events (past valentine's days, birthdays, festive occasions such as karwa-chauth, temple visits with her parents in India, parties with friends, etc).

Anything else?

What is the proper mode of sending addendums to the application?

regards,

Chigs

Spoiler

N400 Journey:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Until you get rfe...I would just wait now. Usually if all goes welll you will not even get and interview. Straight up approval notice and in few months you will get your 10 year greencard.

Timeline

Thank you to both pateldip84 and Happy Chic.

Happy Chic:

I think you convinced me to stop being paranoid and just let it be. I now think we sent a decent amount of evidence information from what we could gather (see my private message).

I'm going consider this thread as closed from the perspective of evidence we sent. We won't be sending additional documents.

Regards,
Chigs

Edited by Ami&Chigs
Spoiler

N400 Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.