Keliine

no answer after green card interview

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

We had our interview this morning and I can't say it wen't well, but it didnt go bad either. Basically, I'm just anxious to find out what the answer is or atleast have some positive insight you guys can provide. We walk in the room and he asks us some questions on who, where, when, and why questions, but when it came down to providing information that we live together is where our problems started. We only had the rental contract that we lived together but we couldnt provide electricity(dont know why i didnt bring it). Also, we provided that we had a dog licensed in this location. And at the end I showed him the letter that I got from the USCIS about the fact that I called to let them know that we moved in our own place not his parents. He didn't stamp my Passaport nor didn't he give me an answer that I was approved, so what do you guys think???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What did the IO say to you at the end? did he request to see your I-94 if you brought one? did he keep it? usually when they keep it is a good sign for what I've read. When I saw the IO cutting mine I felt so relieved but she didn't give us the answer until the end.

dAdjusting from F1

05/21/14 Package sent via FedEX

05/23/14 (day 1) Package delivered Chicago Lockbox 10:29am signed by J.Chyba

05/29/14 (day 6) emal/txt message NOA1

06/03/14 (day 11) paper NOA1 arrived in the mail

06/07/14 (day 15) Biometrics notice in the mail/ appointment June 19, 2:00pm

06/19/14 (day 27) Biometrics done

06/26/14 (day 34) email notification I-485 case status "Testing and Interview"

07/18/14 (day 56) email/txt notification Interview letter was sent on the mail. Interview date 08/20/14

07/21/14 (day 59) hard copy in the mail for AOS interview date

08/05/14 (day 74) email/txt notification EAD card is in production (59 days after Biometrics)

08/08/14 (day 77) email/txt notification EAD card has been mailed

08/09/14 (day 78) EAD in hand (4 days after "card production" notification)

08/20/14 (day 89) AOS Interview -APPROVED!!! 2 hrs after interview received text/email notification "card in production". 5 hrs after interview received text/email notification I-130 has been approved/notice of permanent resident status has been registered

08/28/14 (day 97) NOA2/Welcome to USA notice arrived in the mail

08/28/14 (day 97) email/txt notification Green Card has been mailed with tracking # -sent priority mail 2-Day

08/29/14 (day 98) GREEN CARD in hand delivered at 1:17pm . Yes it is green! :dance::D:dance::D:dance::D:dance:

RoC

08/01/16 I-751 sent via USPS Express Mail

08/02/16 (Day 1) Package delivery confirmation USPS 10:17am PDT

08/04/16 (Day 3) Check cashed

08/06/16 (Day 5) NOA I-797 Received on the mail dated 08/02/2016

09/20/16 (Day 50) 45 days after receiving NOA -1yr permit extension- I filed service request to inquire about Biometrics appointment letter

09/29/16 (Day 59) Biometrics appointment letter received dated 9/24/16

10/11/16 (Day 71) Biometrics completed. *Also, received on the mail response letter from previous service request filed with copy of Biometrics appointment letter.

11/11/17 (Day 466) Case Status changed to New Card Production

11/16/17 (Day 471) Case Status indicate  New Card being sent on the mail .:dance::dance::D:dance::dance::dance:

11/17/17 (Day 472) I-797  Notice of Removal of Condition being approved received in the mail.

11/20/17 (Day 475/15 months 18 days) New Lawful Permanent Resident arrived in the mail; card in hand at last! :dancing:

He took our pictures that we provided. Also, he copied our passeports, ID, licesensed dog, bill of furniture that we bought, and the car that we recently purchased. The only problem is that the addresss in the pink slip was his parents not ours. On the contrary, some of the information that we provided was at my parents place and our place, but most important documents such as: rental agreement, license dog, and USCIS Letter that we changed our address to where we are living now. Do you recommend i send the electricity bill to them or gas? We answered all the questions spot on how we met etc. but just had trouble in area listed above. Makes me anxious. I just hope there isnt any négative news.

Thanks for your response. I greatly appreciate it.

What happened to your interview in May? Did that not go ahead?

You should have had more co-mingling of stuff by now. Not just your rental agreement. Did you take checking account statements with you? Each other as beneficiary for investments, life insurance, wills.

Although by no means infallible, I would check your status online regularly to see if it updates to 'card production'.

EDIT: were both of your names on the receipt for the car? Did you get finance for it? Jointly?

Edited by Anna Grant

I just checker online on the USCIS website and I entered my receipt number and they said

"Card/Document Production"; " On August 22, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

So it is good right? I got it right? :dancing:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just checker online on the USCIS website and I entered my receipt number and they said

"Card/Document Production"; " On August 22, 2014, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service."

So it is good right? I got it right? :dancing:

if that is for I-485 yes you are ready to celebrate because that is your Green Card!!

dAdjusting from F1

05/21/14 Package sent via FedEX

05/23/14 (day 1) Package delivered Chicago Lockbox 10:29am signed by J.Chyba

05/29/14 (day 6) emal/txt message NOA1

06/03/14 (day 11) paper NOA1 arrived in the mail

06/07/14 (day 15) Biometrics notice in the mail/ appointment June 19, 2:00pm

06/19/14 (day 27) Biometrics done

06/26/14 (day 34) email notification I-485 case status "Testing and Interview"

07/18/14 (day 56) email/txt notification Interview letter was sent on the mail. Interview date 08/20/14

07/21/14 (day 59) hard copy in the mail for AOS interview date

08/05/14 (day 74) email/txt notification EAD card is in production (59 days after Biometrics)

08/08/14 (day 77) email/txt notification EAD card has been mailed

08/09/14 (day 78) EAD in hand (4 days after "card production" notification)

08/20/14 (day 89) AOS Interview -APPROVED!!! 2 hrs after interview received text/email notification "card in production". 5 hrs after interview received text/email notification I-130 has been approved/notice of permanent resident status has been registered

08/28/14 (day 97) NOA2/Welcome to USA notice arrived in the mail

08/28/14 (day 97) email/txt notification Green Card has been mailed with tracking # -sent priority mail 2-Day

08/29/14 (day 98) GREEN CARD in hand delivered at 1:17pm . Yes it is green! :dance::D:dance::D:dance::D:dance:

RoC

08/01/16 I-751 sent via USPS Express Mail

08/02/16 (Day 1) Package delivery confirmation USPS 10:17am PDT

08/04/16 (Day 3) Check cashed

08/06/16 (Day 5) NOA I-797 Received on the mail dated 08/02/2016

09/20/16 (Day 50) 45 days after receiving NOA -1yr permit extension- I filed service request to inquire about Biometrics appointment letter

09/29/16 (Day 59) Biometrics appointment letter received dated 9/24/16

10/11/16 (Day 71) Biometrics completed. *Also, received on the mail response letter from previous service request filed with copy of Biometrics appointment letter.

11/11/17 (Day 466) Case Status changed to New Card Production

11/16/17 (Day 471) Case Status indicate  New Card being sent on the mail .:dance::dance::D:dance::dance::dance:

11/17/17 (Day 472) I-797  Notice of Removal of Condition being approved received in the mail.

11/20/17 (Day 475/15 months 18 days) New Lawful Permanent Resident arrived in the mail; card in hand at last! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.