Elise K

waiting for interview scheduled and moved!!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi guys I need a help!!

I am waiting to hear from uscis for interview scheduling. I and my spouse both are students and we stayed with his parents during the summer vacation. Now we got new apartment in different city but still the addresses are same field office as when we lived his parents' house. My husband said we might not have to change address since we are students and his parents' house is our permanent address but I think we have to because it's important to let uscis know that our physical address. I wonder do we have to file change of address or not? I really don't want to. If we have to file change of address will it slow down our interview scheduling? His parents' address and our new address are located for same filed office which is Kansas city!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

HI Elice

I had the same problem because my husband and I were living with his parents and we had to move this month to a new apartment because they were going to sell the house.

I didn't change my address right away because I was waiting my interview appointment letter. My interview and testing stage lasted around three weeks until they mail me the actual letter. It arrived to his parent's address and immediately after I updated my address. According to USCIS you have ten days to report a new address. Since you can update your address online, it shouldn't be a problem to wait some more days to update it. At least until you get your letter. When I changed my address my AP card was in the process to be mailed and it went one step behind.

You should update your timeline so we can know what your case looks like.

age.png

Matt, Juki and Janis:

05/01/2013: We met Online

06/04/2013: Matt asked me to be his girlfriend.

12/08/2013: I traveled to the U.S. under a J-1 visa to work in Maine.

12/28/2013: I traveled to Fort Wayne, IN to meet him in person for the first time.

03/17/2014: I returned to Indiana after my work time was over.

04/24/2014: We got married!!!

12/31/2015: Janis, our baby daughter, was born :D

AOS Timeline

Concurrent Filing: I-130 and I-485

06/10/2014 (Day 1) AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox
06/17/2014 (Day 7) Received notification on text/email that package was received at 11pm.

06/19/2014 (Day 9) Fee checks were cashed.

06/20/2014 (Day 10) I-130 I-485 and EAD NOAs arrived in the mail.

06/24/2014 (Day 14) Biometrics App letter received

07/02/2014 (Day 22) Successful Biometrics Walk-in at Indianapolis ASC

08/05/2014 (Day 59) Interview Letter was mailed from USCIS. App scheduled Sept. 5th.

08/15/2014 (Day 69): Updated address with USCIS

08/18/2014 (Day 72): EAD in production state

08/23/2014 (Day 77): EAD arrived at home

09/05/2014 (Day 90): Interview day at Indianapolis. Recommended for approval afterwards!

09/05/2014 (Day 90) at 5pm: My case status updated - WE ARE APPROVED!!!!

09/09/2014 (Day 94) : GC arrived on the mail :D

I-751 Removal of Conditions

Fee waiver granted

08/19/2016 (Day 1) I-751 and I-912 packages sent to California Service Center.
09/15/2016 (Day 24) Received NOA with Fee waiver granted

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks lesthatsri surprisingly I actually got notification that my interview was scheduled!! My interview is Oct.9!! I am so excited

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.