shanijav

anyone who had recent interview in islamabad....

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

same here interview next week :(

What day is your interview ?

I am getting really nervous seeing the situation there and the embassy being closed off and on.. I pray that Allah helps us all as we have been waiting for this day for a long time now. Ameen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well I have no idea.. Even if you do get your interview. They way the embassy has been closed every other day. It is gonna delay your visa process even after approval. Like in our case we have been waiting since more then a week to receive our visa. But due to conditions they are not sending out post. Lets just hope they end this protest and let the normal life of pakistan resume.

03/04/2014- I-129f Sent

03/11/2014- NOA1 Received via email/text

03/13/2014- Alien Registration number changed.

05/22/2014- NOA2 text message receive Approved in 72 days!! :dancing:

06/03/2014- NVC Case number received.

06/06/2014- CEAC status changed to "In transit"

06/10/2014- CEAC Status changed to Ready

06/16/2014- Packet 3 Received via email after I submitted an inquiry through website

06/26/2014 - Packet 3 sent

07/04/2014- Packet 4 Received Via Courier service

07/07/2014- Medical Done

07/16/2014- Interview(Approved!!!) :dance:

07/18/2014- CEAC Status update- Ready changed to Non-Immigrant

08/09/2014- CEAC Status update- AP

08/11/2014- CEAC Status Update- Issued

08/23/2014- Visa In hand

08/25/2014- POE chicago!!! :D

08/28/2014- Married! :luv:

AOS

2014-10-15 AOS/EAD/AP Mailed
2014-10-24 NOA1
2015-01-07 EAD/AP Combo Card Received

2015-03-17 Received Potential Interview Waiver Notice

2015-10-01- EAD Renewal request submitted

2016-07-21- AOS denied- we missed our interview in October 2015 because we didn't receive the interview letter and we were not notified via numerous service requests and senator inquiry placed after our missed interview appointment.

2016-08-17- I290B- Motion to reconsider filed by the lawyer.

2016-12-08- Motion to reconsider denied

Now starting the whole process again and refilling I-485.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I had been there for interview on 22nd Aug. Embassy was opened. Situation is not much worst as media creating hype..I faced two blockage near Pindi and once entering ISB. Once you are in ISB then there is no blockage for reaching Embassy. There was considerable rush for shuttle service due to which i got late around 1.5 hours but they accommodated. I was there at 6:00AM and came back at 12:00PM. Finally my interview was successful :dancing: . He said, Congratulations, i have approved your visa and you will get passport in two weeks. Thanks God :)

Timeline

Hi, I had been there for interview on 22nd Aug. Embassy was opened. Situation is not much worst as media creating hype..I faced two blockage near Pindi and once entering ISB. Once you are in ISB then there is no blockage for reaching Embassy. There was considerable rush for shuttle service due to which i got late around 1.5 hours but they accommodated. I was there at 6:00AM and came back at 12:00PM. Finally my interview was successful :dancing: . He said, Congratulations, i have approved your visa and you will get passport in two weeks. Thanks God :)

congrats bro!!

Congratulations... finally its over for you right.. Alhamdullilah.

My wife's interview is in 4 days. Any tips ? Like which route to take or anything else...

Timeline

Congratulations... finally its over for you right.. Alhamdullilah.

My wife's interview is in 4 days. Any tips ? Like which route to take or anything else...

Thank you... I chose G.T road from LHR to ISB because every tv channel was saying twin cities are sealed. i thought if motorway is blocked at the end then there is no alternative way but from G.T road there are many alternative option to reach in city. Express highway was blocked when i reached there but it was opened when i came back. I went from Faizabad. Police stopped me but i showed them interview letter and they let me go.. within ISL there is no problem. there was huge rush in shuttle service facility. they did not open the gate before 6 for cars but people were walking in to get ticket before 6. Your case is genuine just ask her to be confident. keep some pictures with you. InshaAllah you will get success :)

Thank you... I chose G.T road from LHR to ISB because every tv channel was saying twin cities are sealed. i thought if motorway is blocked at the end then there is no alternative way but from G.T road there are many alternative option to reach in city. Express highway was blocked when i reached there but it was opened when i came back. I went from Faizabad. Police stopped me but i showed them interview letter and they let me go.. within ISL there is no problem. there was huge rush in shuttle service facility. they did not open the gate before 6 for cars but people were walking in to get ticket before 6. Your case is genuine just ask her to be confident. keep some pictures with you. InshaAllah you will get success :)

Thank you soo much... !!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a couple question for you guys... my fiancee did her medical exam today. She didn't have any records of the vaccines she's had in her life so we assumed they would give her vaccines. But they didn't. They told her she would only need a polio vaccine (which she has had in the past), but that she would get that at the AIRPORT upon her departure! Does that sound right? Then they told her that because of it being a fiancee visa that she would have to get the rest of her vaccines after she arrives in the US.

And one other question... are you guys taking a police report to your interviews? The papers we got said "bring police report - EXCEPT Pakistan and Afghanistan". So she is not getting a police report. She went to the police station and they told her even that they could not give her one unless they had orders from the Embassy.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Timeline

I have a couple question for you guys... my fiancee did her medical exam today. She didn't have any records of the vaccines she's had in her life so we assumed they would give her vaccines. But they didn't. They told her she would only need a polio vaccine (which she has had in the past), but that she would get that at the AIRPORT upon her departure! Does that sound right? Then they told her that because of it being a fiancee visa that she would have to get the rest of her vaccines after she arrives in the US.

And one other question... are you guys taking a police report to your interviews? The papers we got said "bring police report - EXCEPT Pakistan and Afghanistan". So she is not getting a police report. She went to the police station and they told her even that they could not give her one unless they had orders from the Embassy.

Ans 1. I also never had vaccination in life but i got 2 vaccinations at time of medial test in lahore for Hepatites A and Tetanus.

Ans 2. I called NVC to confirm, do i need police certificate or not as it is mentioned that for Pakistan it is not required. They suggested me to bring one to consulate. You do not need to go police station. You should contact police facilitation centre and they will send it to you by courier with in 10 days if you are in lahore. Majore cities have proper SOP for police certificate but in small cities you can get from police station.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.