Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

F-1 student Advise/Help Please !

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

So decided to join VisaJourney to get a better idea of what I want to do based on what others have gone through.

So I have been on F-1 student visa since the year 2001. I was about the age of 10 and completed junior high , high school and most college.

So my student visa is up in October and I have no idea what to do. My boyfriend (American citizen ) and I have been together for 3 years now .We went to high school together weren't into each other back then but somewhere alongside the line we fell in love.

If we get married I know we'll prolly have to file adjust stays I-485/ I-130 petition. But is there anyway I wouldn't have to leave and stay till the process over , being that my visa up soon?

P.s waited this long cause I didn't wanna marry for papers but I really do love him and I can't imagine being away from him.

Any advise would be great than in advance .

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.