pat7755

At nvc stage, found error g325a panicking help

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi. We received noa2 and it was sent to nvc two days ago. My fiancee was just getting documents for interview ready and noticed on her birth certificate that when we filled out the g325a we put the wrong name for her mothers maiden name. Her mother left her and her father when my fiancee was young and passed away. My fiancee didnt know her maiden name or date of birth when we filled out the g325a and got that info from a family member but now that she looked at her birth certificate maiden name is wrong. Her mothers first name is correct. Im panicking that this is going to be a big problem after we have come so far. Im worried they will see the name doesnt match at the interview. What should we do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. We received noa2 and it was sent to nvc two days ago. My fiancee was just getting documents for interview ready and noticed on her birth certificate that when we filled out the g325a we put the wrong name for her mothers maiden name. Her mother left her and her father when my fiancee was young and passed away. My fiancee didnt know her maiden name or date of birth when we filled out the g325a and got that info from a family member but now that she looked at her birth certificate maiden name is wrong. Her mothers first name is correct. Im panicking that this is going to be a big problem after we have come so far. Im worried they will see the name doesnt match at the interview. What should we do?

hi! I'm a little bit worried too, our papers was already shipped to NVC, we are now waiting on our case number, i just found out that i entered a wrong spelling of my fathers name, it won't match on my birtj certificate, would it really affect us? Would they consider it as a typo?:( i mean, would they just give importance to our information both petitioner and beneficiary?i hope it won't make a big deal during my interview too.

June 12,2014 -I-129F sent to Lewisville Texas

June 13, 2014 = Package accepted

June 15,2014 = NoA1 (email & text)

June 16, 2014 = Alien Registration Number changed

June 17, 2014 = Hardcopy NOA1 received

Aug. 5, 2014 = NOA2 approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I think that in both cases they will look at any legal documents presented and accept those as accurate. If not you may get an RFE but that can be sorted out fairly quickly. Try not to dwell on it too much.. it is in progress now and you may be asked for some supporting document. Deal with that if and when it happens. Best..

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

From personal experience, my husband doesn't know much about his father either so we only put what we know on the G325A. His father left before he was even born. And we didn't encounter any issues with it. Like Andie said, don't dwell on it too much.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

I just got signed up with VJ yesterday cause I really find all the posts here very helpful.. I have a question regarding my BC and G-325A.

My BC (as well as my siblings' BC and my parents' MC) contains my mother's "baptismal name" which we eventually discovered that it was different from the name on her birth records. After that discovery, we then follow the name on her birth records as well as filling up my G-325A. Will I be questioned on its discrepancy during interview at the USEM? Should the affidavit be enough to support our claim even if her original birth certificate is not available anymore on our local civil registrar and NSO so we just have the late registration of her birth?

All response will be highly appreciated :idea:

Ann

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Immigration Timeline

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

18 Sep 15: I-129F Petition mailed

22 Sep 15: NOA1 Received date (CSC)
24 Sep 15: NOA1 Notice date
25 Sep 15: Cashed out check
01 Oct 15: NOA1 hard copy received
03 Nov 15: RFE E-notifications received
07 Nov 15: RFE hard copy received
17 Nov 15: RFE reply mailed
23 Nov 15: RFE reply received
30 Nov 15: NOA2 E-notifications received
07 Dec 15: NOA2 hard copy received by Lawyer
09 Dec 15: NVC Case Number assigned
14 Dec 15: NVC Case Number received via phone call
NVC Case Status: "In Transit"
16 Dec 15: NVC Case Status: "Ready"
NOA2 hard copy received by Petitioner
18 Dec 15: NVC letter received
11 Jan 16: SLEC Medical Exam Day 1
12 Jan 16: SLEC Medical Exam Day 2: PASSED!
13 Jan 16: USEM Interview: APPROVED!
14 Jan 16: Visa Status: AP
20 Jan 16: Visa Status: ISSUED
23 Jan 16: VISA ON HAND!
27 Jan 16: Guidance Counseling by CFO
10 Feb 16: POE to US: JFK Airport
24 Feb 16: Applied for SSN
26 Feb 16: SSN ON HAND
22 Apr 16: (L)3rd Year Anniversary & Wedding Date (L)
14 May 16: AOS, EAD, & AP packet mailed
16 May 16: AOS, EAD, & AP packet delivered
17 May 16: NOA1 Received date of AOS & EAD
31 May 16: Rejection Notice date of AP
AOS Status: Fingerprint Fee Received
01 Jun 16: NOA1 Notice date of AOS & EAD
02 Jun 16: NOA1 E-notifications received for AOS & EAD
Receipt numbers working
Cashed out check
03 Jun 16: Biometrics Appointment Notice date
06 Jun 16: Hard copy of Rejection Notice for AP received (Reason: Forgot to sign!)
AP receipt number not working
09 Jun 16: NOA1 hard copy received for AOS & EAD
10 Jun 16: AP packet resend
Biometrics Appointment Notice received
12 Jun 16: AP packet delivered
13 Jun 16: Early walk-in biometrics successful at ASC Manhattan 9:00am
NOA1 Received date of AP
17 Jun 16: NOA1 Notice date of AP
19 Jun 16: NOA1 E-notifications received for AP with new receipt number
Receipt number not working
20 Jun 16: Biometrics Appointment scheduled at ASC Manhattan 10:00am
25 Jun 16: NOA1 hard copy received for AP
22 Jul 16: AP Status: APPROVED! Didn't know AP receipt started working..
25 Jul 16: AP Status: Advance Parole Document was Produced
26 Jul 16: Last updated date for AOS & EAD
28 Jul 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for AP received
ADVANCE PAROLE DOCUMENT ON HAND
01 Aug 16: Submitted SR online for EAD
10 Aug 16: SR was assigned to an Officer
EAD Status: New Card is Being Produced
11 Aug 16: EAD Status: APPROVED!
15 Aug 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for EAD received
EAD Status: Card Was Mailed To Me
SR Status: We sent a response to your inquiry
SR Status: Completed
17 Aug 16: EAD Status: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
EAD CARD ON HAND
19 Aug 16: AOS Status: New Card is Being Produced
AOS Status: APPROVED!
23 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Mailed To Me
24 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
25 Aug 16: AOS Status: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
GREEN CARD ON HAND
25 Aug 16: NOA2 (Approval Notice) for Green Card received
:wub::wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 NIV
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.