generousjido

I-130 approved; what happens next (split topic and merged)

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks for your response. The email address is correct. They gave us the case number but the i never even thought of asking for the invoice number since they kept saying that we will have everything in the emails sent to us. Can the invoice number also be given on the phone just like the case number? I thought they give the invoice number later or it will be in the emails they said it was sent or something. I am just confused. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

First off, have you confirmed that the email address they have for your case is correct? Are you sure it's not being sent to you?

If they gave you the invoice number along with the case number you can log into CEAC and begin with filling out the DS-261 which is a choice of agent. All the instructions for the NVC are online if you do a quick Google search. Check out the September 2014 NVC filers thread for more specific info.

Thanks for your response. The email address is correct. They gave us the case number but the i never even thought of asking for the invoice number since they kept saying that we will have everything in the emails sent to us. Can the invoice number also be given on the phone just like the case number? I thought they give the invoice number later or it will be in the emails they said it was sent or something. I am just confused. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I believe you can get the invoice number over the phone. I waited for the emails so I'm not sure. The NVC does make mistakes in sending out their emails. I got a checklist from them for my husband's case and it didn't actually have any instructions. So we waited 30 days just for them to fix that. I would definitely keep calling until you get the email or try to get the invoice over the phone so you can get started on all the paperwork.

0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Timeline

I believe you can get the invoice number over the phone. I waited for the emails so I'm not sure. The NVC does make mistakes in sending out their emails. I got a checklist from them for my husband's case and it didn't actually have any instructions. So we waited 30 days just for them to fix that. I would definitely keep calling until you get the email or try to get the invoice over the phone so you can get started on all the paperwork.

Thanks for your response. I will call them first thing on monday morning to get the invoice number to proceed. I will keep you updated. Appreciated

Timeline

Hello, i finally spoke with the NVC this morning and i got the invoice number to be able to log in online. Now i am about to fill the DS 261 form but it indicated that it is advisable to put a US address for mail delivery, i am actually living in South Korea. And again, the DS 261 form is all about me right? cos it shows my surname and first name already in the form when i logged in. Please kindly put me through more on how to fill the DS 261 form.

Also, the affidavit of support fees is not available to make the payment but the IV fees is only showing NOT INVOICED and can't be clicked/selected for payment. Do i have to complete the DS 261 form before the AOS and IV fees can be paid?

Hope to have a comprehensive responses

Thanks

Timeline

Hello, i finally spoke with the NVC this morning and i got the invoice number to be able to log in online. Now i am about to fill the DS 261 form but it indicated that it is advisable to put a US address for mail delivery, i am actually living in South Korea. And again, the DS 261 form is all about me right? cos it shows my surname and first name already in the form when i logged in. Please kindly put me through more on how to fill the DS 261 form.

Also, the affidavit of support fees is not available to make the payment but the IV fees is only showing NOT INVOICED and can't be clicked/selected for payment. Do i have to complete the DS 261 form before the AOS and IV fees can be paid?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks

The DS261 is filled out as whomever you want to receive mail and other information about your case. Commonly the US citizen (petitioner) is selected because of having a reliable mailing address in the US for any important documents or communication. But, you can definitely have it be yourself and put your mailing address as where you are living in SK.

Correct on having to submit the DS261 before you can pay the IV and AOS fees. Once your DS261 is submitted the NVC will make it so you can pay those fees and submit the DS260.

I would recommend printing out all the confirmation pages from the CEAC site or saving them to your computer.

0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.