dagersyandcarlos

Expediting the process??

8 posts in this topic

Hello all! It is I again with a million and one questions as always. I've been reading a lot of posts about ppl expediting their processes?? ANYONE have any idea how that works??? Some people have gotten married after us and have visas issued... =( I just want my husband here already!!! We are currently waiting for the invoice of the IV bill, they have the AOS paperwork and all that although it doesn't reflect in the system when I check... ANY thoughts?? Should I call?

You have to send an email to NVC about the reason why you need to expedite your petition. Then from 1-2 weeks they will respond back to you about it. My manis Noelia just had that done and can be very helpful for you

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

In order to have a request expedited you need to meet one of the following criteria:

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Note: Discretionary expedite requests for petitions and applications that have Premium Processing Service available will not be considered for expedite processing. The only exception is when the petitioner is a not-for-profit organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. For information regarding premium processing, please refer to the premium processing webpage.

I'm going thru the expedite process now. I think it's a joke. NVC approved our expedite based on my wife's pregnancy and the financial hardship criterias. It was approved on 8 June. I had already paid all fees and sent NVC both packets (AOS & IV). The case and everything was received in SD on 17 June and we're still waiting for the interview to be scheduled. Maybe you would get better luck.

Thank you! I guess none of those reasons apply to me.. My only reason is: THIS PROCESS TAKES TOO LONG AND I'M TIRED OF THE WAIT lol

In order to have a request expedited you need to meet one of the following criteria:

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

Note: Discretionary expedite requests for petitions and applications that have Premium Processing Service available will not be considered for expedite processing. The only exception is when the petitioner is a not-for-profit organization designated by the Internal Revenue Service. For information regarding premium processing, please refer to the premium processing webpage.

Thank you! I wonder, do you know what she said?? what her reasons were?

You have to send an email to NVC about the reason why you need to expedite your petition. Then from 1-2 weeks they will respond back to you about it. My manis Noelia just had that done and can be very helpful for you

Hunny of thats your reason you wont be approved. Trust we are all tired of that wait as well. My PD was Sept 26 and I just received my Case Complete and waiting for cita now. Trankila

Hunny of thats your reason you wont be approved. Trust we are all tired of that wait as well. My PD was Sept 26 and I just received my Case Complete and waiting for cita now. Trankila

lol Yes I know that's why I said I guess it won't work for me… Thanks girl.. it's just going on 9 months and we haven't even paid the IV bill u know… ugh!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.