DarwishAE

Waiting for interview at Cairo

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

I haven't been on the site in a long time but need some insight on how long Cairo is taking to schedule interviews. Our case was complete at the NVC on March 13, 2014. So we've been waiting just over 4 months now. I checked the schedule for July and we are still not on it. The embassy won't respond to my emails, even if they did they probably can't even tell me anything useful.

I know a lady who was doing K1 and their case was complete just two weeks before ours and had an end of May interview and her fiancé got his visa that next week. I'm starting to get really frustrated with this whole process. We started April of 2013.

0fb4b110-8058-4795-a9f6-fc7490beaf3d.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello all,

I haven't been on the site in a long time but need some insight on how long Cairo is taking to schedule interviews. Our case was complete at the NVC on March 13, 2014. So we've been waiting just over 4 months now. I checked the schedule for July and we are still not on it. The embassy won't respond to my emails, even if they did they probably can't even tell me anything useful.

I know a lady who was doing K1 and their case was complete just two weeks before ours and had an end of May interview and her fiancé got his visa that next week. I'm starting to get really frustrated with this whole process. We started April of 2013.

The Embassy received our petition on April 23rd. My honey JUST received a call from DHL saying they had something for him from the Embassy to fill out. He is going to call me as soon as he leaves DHL. Every time I have emailed the Embassy they have always responded, even if it is a generic response, so not sure why you aren't getting a response? This whole process is very frustrating and I feel your pain. I have read that it takes 3 to 5 months with this Embassy to get an interview. It really bothers me that you don't get any response at all when you email them? Do you have the correct address and are you putting both your names and birthdates and case number in the email?

Timeline

Hello all,

Just wanted to add that the Embassy told me that it is first come first serve, not sure how accurate that is. They also told me it starts from the time they process our paperwork, not NVC.

Hello all,

Sorry to respond so much. Just noticed you are married, we are not. I think there is a difference with these in the waiting times?

Timeline

Yes we are married, probably should have clarified that, sorry. I'm not sure if the waiting times are different. I'm assuming they are? I have no idea. It just feels like it's never going to happen.

My emails are very straightforward and have all the info they need. Case number, names, birth dates. I'm sending it to the IV section of the embassy.

On CEAC it stills shows at NVC for our case. I've been told it is only sent to the embassy once an interview is scheduled but have also heard opposite. Not sure which is right these days.

Edited by ElizabethDarwish

Timeline

Yes we are married, probably should have clarified that, sorry. I'm not sure if the waiting times are different. I'm assuming they are? I have no idea. It just feels like it's never going to happen.

My emails are very straightforward and have all the info they need. Case number, names, birth dates. I'm sending it to the IV section of the embassy.

On CEAC it stills shows at NVC for our case. I've been told it is only sent to the embassy once an interview is scheduled but have also heard opposite. Not sure which is right these days.

You should call NVC and make sure your case has been forwarded to the Embassy. It is suppose to happen very quickly with them. I will post the email that I use, when I get home, to see if we email the same place.

He got his interview date from DHL for August 11th. Feels like we've been waiting forever but now I am freaking out! He still has to get his medical done and I have to finish up this album for proof of ongoing relationship and get it sent to him!

Timeline

Congrats on the interview!

My congressman's assistant has been helping me and said cases can still be at the NVC while waiting to be scheduled for an interview but that seems wrong to me.

Timeline

Congrats on the interview!

My congressman's assistant has been helping me and said cases can still be at the NVC while waiting to be scheduled for an interview but that seems wrong to me.

Your case can be still at NVC until you're scheduled an interview sate,

By estimate, you may get an interview date on September at the end of ongoing month.

My VisaJourney:

I'm the beneficiary

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Sep 2012 - Marriage

USCIS:
02/15/2013 - I-130 Sent
02/22/2013 - NOA1
06/07/2013 - Case transferred to Newark field office
07/12/2013 - InfoPass appointment
08/01/2013 - I-130 approved (160 Days)
08/05/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
08/19/2013 - NVC Received
08/29/2013 - Case number and INN assigned
08/31/2013 - Sent DS-3032 email template
09/04/2013 - Paid AOS bill
09/05/2013 - Submitted DS-261 online form
09/06/2013 - AOS bill showed Paid
09/16/2013 - DS-261 Received
09/17/2013 - Paid IV bill
09/18/2013 - IV bill showed Paid
09/20/2013 - Submitted DS-260 online form
09/22/2013 - Sent IV package
09/30/2013 - IV package received by NVC
10/22/2013 - IV package accepted
10/31/2013 - Sent AOS package
11/04/2013 - AOS package received by NVC
11/27/2013 - Case Complete
04/30/2014 - Interview Scheduled for Jun 11
06/11/2014 - At interview consul asked for another joint sponsor
07/10/2014 - Sent joint sponsor papers
07/17/2014 - VISA On Hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.