lilsadie

How is everyone feeling about the interviews on Tuesday?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good luck Lilsadie, Sweetwinks and Hiimkristina on your interviews!!!!

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Timeline

Hi gang!

Our interview is tomorrow at 9:30am. Turns out I have to work tonight so I'll be travelling from Wollongong in to the city beforehand! Parking is ridiculously expensive around Martin Place.

We are all ready, my fiancee will be with me. Are people bringing couples photos? It says nothing on the checklist?

Hi there! My interview is at 10am.

I'm bringing the check list items in one plastic folder envelope, and an envelope with my evidence of a relationship such as letters, phone calls, bank transfers, and couples photos. They don't ask for this on the check list but they may ask to see some at the interview which is unlikely because Sydney is a low fraud consulate.

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Well, that was one of the easiest visa processes I have ever been through. All this stress for absolutely nothing! Had my interview scheduled for 8:30am, got in at about 8:00am went straight up to the consulate. Eventually my number got called up, handed in all the paper work and did my prints, sat back down and maybe 10mins later got called up for my interview. Took the oath, had a nice chat with the woman behind the window, and she hands me my slip that says I've been approved. All the paperwork was in order and she didn't even ask any questions about "how did you meet?, how did you propose? etc". Piece of cake, in and out in under 40mins!!!

Timeline

Well, that was one of the easiest visa processes I have ever been through. All this stress for absolutely nothing! Had my interview scheduled for 8:30am, got in at about 8:00am went straight up to the consulate. Eventually my number got called up, handed in all the paper work and did my prints, sat back down and maybe 10mins later got called up for my interview. Took the oath, had a nice chat with the woman behind the window, and she hands me my slip that says I've been approved. All the paperwork was in order and she didn't even ask any questions about "how did you meet?, how did you propose? etc". Piece of cake, in and out in under 40mins!!!

Yay! Grats ! :dancing:

Timeline

It was so easy and I was nervous for nothing! My interview was scheduled for 10am, and I arrived about 9.45am, security was fine although I had to take the gold belt off my dress haha
When I got to level 59 the lady asked for my passport and buzzed me in, had to pull open that big heavy door!
I took a number and when it got called about 10 minutes later I handed in my paperwork in the order they asked for it, sat back down and got called up again 10 minutes later for my fingerprints. I watched others taking their interviews, saw a few people be told they'll need to provide a co-sponsor before their visa would be issued,
Then my number was called again to window 2! I Took the oath looking the CO in the eye, he asked when i met my fiance, I told him the story and he laughed, and we joked a bit about my lack of criminal record then he handed me my slip that says I've been approved! The only questions he asked was when we had met, how long I had been in the U.S. (no overstays), what I do for a living, what he does for a living, and would I take his last name! DONE! :dancing:

Timeline

Good luck Lilsadie, Sweetwinks and Hiimkristina on your interviews!!!!

Thanks aruadha! Your fiancé will breeze through the interview! :)

Timeline

Ok, I just checked my status online and it says im in AP. Is that normal? Im FREAKING OUT

I got a slip saying approved, and my status says in AP too! It's totally normal, they're creating the visa and entering into into their systems!

Timeline

It was so easy and I was nervous for nothing! My interview was scheduled for 10am, and I arrived about 9.45am, security was fine although I had to take the gold belt off my dress haha

When I got to level 59 the lady asked for my passport and buzzed me in, had to pull open that big heavy door!

I took a number and when it got called about 10 minutes later I handed in my paperwork in the order they asked for it, sat back down and got called up again 10 minutes later for my fingerprints. I watched others taking their interviews, saw a few people be told they'll need to provide a co-sponsor before their visa would be issued,

Then my number was called again to window 2! I Took the oath looking the CO in the eye, he asked when i met my fiance, I told him the story and he laughed, and we joked a bit about my lack of criminal record then he handed me my slip that says I've been approved! The only questions he asked was when we had met, how long I had been in the U.S. (no overstays), what I do for a living, what he does for a living, and would I take his last name! DONE! :dancing:

Awesome! So glad to hear it went well!! And thanks for the info about what they asked.

Grats!! :dancing:

Timeline

Awesome! So glad to hear it went well!! And thanks for the info about what they asked.

Grats!! :dancing:

Thanks! I bet you're very excited for your fiancé's interview! Will he fly home to be with you soon after?

Timeline

Thanks! I bet you're very excited for your fiancé's interview! Will he fly home to be with you soon after?

Yea, we will wait till he actually has the visa then book the flight! Hopefully early Sept. Eeeppp!

Side note: I just finished printing off skype logs- holy cow that was crazy! And I just did about 2-3 per month. 68 pages. lol

Timeline

Yea, we will wait till he actually has the visa then book the flight! Hopefully early Sept. Eeeppp!

Side note: I just finished printing off skype logs- holy cow that was crazy! And I just did about 2-3 per month. 68 pages. lol

Exciting! I think you won't need them at all but you're smart being prepared! :dancing:

I just got an email from the U.S. Consulate saying my visa has been issued and mailed! :o that was FAST!

I checked my CEAC status too, says issued!!!! I dunno how to track the post though cos i payed through US travel docs and there's nowhere on my profile when i'm logged in that has a tracking number. Does anyone know if they use DHL?

Timeline

Exciting! I think you won't need them at all but you're smart being prepared! :dancing:

I just got an email from the U.S. Consulate saying my visa has been issued and mailed! :o that was FAST!

I checked my CEAC status too, says issued!!!! I dunno how to track the post though cos i payed through US travel docs and there's nowhere on my profile when i'm logged in that has a tracking number. Does anyone know if they use DHL?

WoW!!! That's fantastic!! I don't know what they use for shipping? Did you use the express post envelope? Maybe through Australia Post? AhhhH!! You will probably have it by Friday!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.