bluebird74

I-864 from co-sponsor

3 posts in this topic

My wife's co-sponsor has just become a USC - no passport in hand yet. I have already received the necessary paperwork from her [co-sponsor], but I'm wondering whether or not she should re-do it and put USC on the form instead of Permanent Resident? Does it matter? Also, are any identification documents needed from her along with her signed I-864?

My wife's co-sponsor has just become a USC - no passport in hand yet. I have already received the necessary paperwork from her [co-sponsor], but I'm wondering whether or not she should re-do it and put USC on the form instead of Permanent Resident? Does it matter? Also, are any identification documents needed from her along with her signed I-864?

Well...the I-864 was accurate on the date the co-sponsor signed it, so it would go through just fine as it is. Or you could get a new one filled out to be most accurate and up to date. Either way, the person qualifies. You have time to receive it since your interview has not been assigned yet.

Read the instructions for the Form I-864. Page 4, Item #5 lists the documents acceptable to prove US status for your (joint) sponsor. Yes you need documentation for a joint sponsor. If your sponsor is now a citizen, she has a naturalization certificate even if she hasn't applied for a passport yet.

Question: I was looking at your timeline. Have you had the medical? You mention being delayed waiting for 2 MMR shots. You only need one. The second is marked "insufficient time interval" by the clinic and receives a waiver. Your immigration is not held up waiting on time intervals for shots that are a series. As long as you got the first shot, the others are waived. You never have to get it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Well...the I-864 was accurate on the date the co-sponsor signed it, so it would go through just fine as it is. Or you could get a new one filled out to be most accurate and up to date. Either way, the person qualifies. You have time to receive it since your interview has not been assigned yet.

Read the instructions for the Form I-864. Page 4, Item #5 lists the documents acceptable to prove US status for your (joint) sponsor. Yes you need documentation for a joint sponsor. If your sponsor is now a citizen, she has a naturalization certificate even if she hasn't applied for a passport yet.

Question: I was looking at your timeline. Have you had the medical? You mention being delayed waiting for 2 MMR shots. You only need one. The second is marked "insufficient time interval" by the clinic and receives a waiver. Your immigration is not held up waiting on time intervals for shots that are a series. As long as you got the first shot, the others are waived. You never have to get it.

Yes, she had her medical done on the 3rd of this month. It was scheduled two weeks prior and her Applicant Readiness Form was sent the same day. Well, I've had a headache of a time trying to make sure wife wouldn't need to get any shots at Knightsbridge. She had her immunization record from Poland and it was a hell of a time trying to decipher it all. She's had it translated, but they didn't use Excell to make it easier to read. Anyway, her UK GP studied it and told her she couldn't see when and if she was given the MMR shot. She gave her one MMR shot on the spot and told her she will need a booster (Td) shot later. She had to wait a month to get it. As soon s she was able to book her appointment for that shot, I scheduled the earliest medical, and here we are. What's confusing to me, is the fact that Knightsbridge wrote down 2 MMR's as if they were given the same day and the Td as the one which was given a month later. That's wrong, because my wife was given one shot and two shots the next time. I've very confused and Igotta tell you, I am not used to dealing with GP's in the UK. Whether she needed that second one or not, it's a done deal. I'm just glad that nothing was missing at the time of her medical. However, Knightsbridge did put something in results section that got me thinking. 1. Vaccine History Incomplete 2. Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver because vaccination not medically appropriate. When I asked about it, they told me it was nothing to worry - they are instructed by the Embassy to do this now. So, it was quite confusing to me about the shots and I hope she didn't get anything she wasn't supposed to, but at least she passed it. I just hope the Embassy didn't lose that electronically submitted readiness form. I hate to be waiting and waiting and the interview letter never comes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.