Jlgarcia

Second interview IR1 category

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I got petitioned by my husband and was interviewed at the US embassy Manila last May 10, 2011. But unfortunately my case was under Administrative review due to the non-existence of the marriage license in our marriage certificate. To cut the story short, we weren't able to get one because he has only a few days to stay in the Philippines and getting a license will take a week or so before it could be released. To make the wedding possible, we went to an attorney to have an affidavit stating we were living together for more than 5 years, even though we did not and since we are already at the right age that time the attorney said that we are able to get married without a license under Family code Art.34 (that no license shall be necessary for the marriage of the man and the woman who have lived together as husband and wives for at least 5 years and without legal impediment to marry each). The consul who interviewed me that time asked me how long have we been together before we decided to get married, and I answered him honestly that it was only for a short time because he is living in the United State. After some several questions he gave me a white paper saying my case was under Administrative review, on that same day I was interviewed again under the fraud section. The Filipino officer who interviewed me was very kind and told me not to be afraid and that all they want from me is to be honest in all my answer. I told them that the marriage is pure and was initiated with love and it was not a marriage of convenience. The only reason why we have to tell a lie against the attorney who initiated the affidavit was because we only have a limited time and securing a marriage license will not get in time. After the interview they asked me to sign my sworn statement, they told me that they will return my application at the state department for review. They also remind me not to contact them instead to wait till they contact me because there is no time frame on when the state department will review my case. After 2 years of waiting, the IVManila emailed me last September 23, 2013 asking me to set-up an appointment for an interview and submit a new DS-260 which is filled out online, a new medical report, NBI clearance and latest passport. All the requirements are ready now and my second interview will be on July 24,2014 at 6:30am.

My problem is that on my first interview they did not return my passport, I emailed them twice about how to get my passport back and got no reply. I also called the IVManila and was instructed to email my concern again for follow-up and still no reply. I have a feeling that I will get questions about it on my second interview. Does anyone in here experienced the same case as mine if not at least similar to it. What are the chances that I will get approved? I am really scared to get deny, we waited for a long time to get this done.

Any support or advice will be appreciated much. i will surely make an update here about the result of my interview. More power to Visa Journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.