gwinne

NVC Confusing Conversation!! I-864 Help - Sponsoring with Assets

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I had a VERY confusing conversation on Friday with NVC. if anyone has any advice its greatly appreciated! I am wondering if anyone was successful in sponsoring a loved on the I-864 form - AOS packet with only assets?

We currently live abroad and thats why I did not meet the income requirement last year, but I do barley have 3 times the requirement in assets. Including my husbands assets we are all set.

I called NVC yesterday and I was told I could submit I-864 and I-864A to claim my husbands assets with mine. BUT I was told that NVC "doesn't care about assets we don't look at them" and that because I will not meet the income requirement on my own and Im not using a joint sponsor I will get a checklist requesting to have a joint sponsor. I said ok, so does that mean I must have a joint sponsor? We should be ok if looking just at assets and I prefer not to have my parents sponsor us and have this responsibility "we will then push your case to the embassy abroad and they will review your assets and make the determination if you are eligible because we do not review assets"

Anyone successful this route with the I-864?

Thank you any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chile

Marriage: 2014-03-07 Together for 4.5 years

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-02

I-130 Approved : 2014-06-16, 14 days from NOA1

NVC Received : 2014-06-25

Case Number Assigned: 2014-07-10

DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-07-25

Submit DS-261: 2014-07-26

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-07-29

NVC scanned AOS :2014-08-06

NVC scanned IV: 2014-08-20 Sent before paying IV Bill

DS-260/IV Bill: ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello All,

I had a VERY confusing conversation on Friday with NVC. if anyone has any advice its greatly appreciated! I am wondering if anyone was successful in sponsoring a loved on the I-864 form - AOS packet with only assets?

We currently live abroad and thats why I did not meet the income requirement last year, but I do barley have 3 times the requirement in assets. Including my husbands assets we are all set.

I called NVC yesterday and I was told I could submit I-864 and I-864A to claim my husbands assets with mine. BUT I was told that NVC "doesn't care about assets we don't look at them" and that because I will not meet the income requirement on my own and Im not using a joint sponsor I will get a checklist requesting to have a joint sponsor. I said ok, so does that mean I must have a joint sponsor? We should be ok if looking just at assets and I prefer not to have my parents sponsor us and have this responsibility "we will then push your case to the embassy abroad and they will review your assets and make the determination if you are eligible because we do not review assets"

Anyone successful this route with the I-864?

Thank you any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

They are saying that they won't be able to verify the assets if you they are abroad. They may have to send your file out to an embassy to get that done and it would take time and effort.

You would be better off getting your parents' sponsorship.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

I-130 Sent : 2013-10-18
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-10-24
I-130 Approved : 2014-06-26
NVC Received : 2014-07-08
Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-04
Received AOS Bill : 2014-08-06
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-07
Send AOS Package : 2014-08-13
Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-15
Paid IV Bill: 2014-09-17
Submit DS-260 : 2014-09-17
Send IV Packet : 2014-10-4
AOS Checklist : 2014-10-8
NVC Case Complete : 2014-11-21
Interview: 2015-01-06
POE: 2015-01-22 :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

They are saying that they won't be able to verify the assets if you they are abroad. They may have to send your file out to an embassy to get that done and it would take time and effort.

You would be better off getting your parents' sponsorship.

Thank you so much for your reply dustyrah!

My assets are in the USA does that make a difference? I was going to get letters from my banks stating the amount and the address its all linked too proving domicile there.

If having my assets in the USA does not make a difference, will they clear my case at NVC and the embassy will review it during our interview? Do you know how that process works?

Thank you so much for taking the time!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chile

Marriage: 2014-03-07 Together for 4.5 years

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-02

I-130 Approved : 2014-06-16, 14 days from NOA1

NVC Received : 2014-06-25

Case Number Assigned: 2014-07-10

DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-07-25

Submit DS-261: 2014-07-26

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-07-29

NVC scanned AOS :2014-08-06

NVC scanned IV: 2014-08-20 Sent before paying IV Bill

DS-260/IV Bill: ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.