Kat&Abhi

Medical check Rele Clinic Mumbai CR1

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hubby had an appointment for noon on THursday the 12th, we arrived at 11:40am (directly from the airport as we had just flown in from Bangalore). They took his passport, photograph, interview letter copy. Called him for blood draw, did xray, checked height and weight, then went into room for the doctor. Had to undress completly and had full exam with doctor and then had 4 injections for vaccines (MMR, Dtap, Influenza, Varicella). They said to call back the next day at 11am to see when the reports would be ready.

We were there for 1 hour only for the complete medical check, it was very easy and efficient. The doctor was really nice too! He spoke to me as well as my husband. There were a lot of college kids there for australia visa medical check but we were the only US visa medical check.

Friday we called at 11am they advised to come after 2pm to collect the reports. We arrived around 3pm and collected 1 sealed envelope with the reports, 1 envelope with the xray film, and they gave 1 copy of vaccination records. They advised to carry the sealed report/envelope to the interview, the xray film is for POE only and the vaccine records are for us to keep.

Whole thing cost just under INR 6k so not too bad!

Timeline

Hubby had an appointment for noon on THursday the 12th, we arrived at 11:40am (directly from the airport as we had just flown in from Bangalore). They took his passport, photograph, interview letter copy. Called him for blood draw, did xray, checked height and weight, then went into room for the doctor. Had to undress completly and had full exam with doctor and then had 4 injections for vaccines (MMR, Dtap, Influenza, Varicella). They said to call back the next day at 11am to see when the reports would be ready.

We were there for 1 hour only for the complete medical check, it was very easy and efficient. The doctor was really nice too! He spoke to me as well as my husband. There were a lot of college kids there for australia visa medical check but we were the only US visa medical check.

Friday we called at 11am they advised to come after 2pm to collect the reports. We arrived around 3pm and collected 1 sealed envelope with the reports, 1 envelope with the xray film, and they gave 1 copy of vaccination records. They advised to carry the sealed report/envelope to the interview, the xray film is for POE only and the vaccine records are for us to keep.

Whole thing cost just under INR 6k so not too bad![

Thanks for sharing ur experiience and congratulations.

raj

Timeline

Very best wishes for the interview on the 18th. Please come back and give us the good news.

Edited by bkghosh

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center; Consulate : Mumbai, India; Marriage (if applicable): 2013-07-05
USCIS
I-130 Sent : 2013-07-20; I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-26; I-130 Transferred to CSC: 2014-01-13; I-130 Approved: 2014-01-22
NVC
NVC Received: 2014-02-03; AOS Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-19
NVC Case # and IIN Assigned: 2014-03-11; AOS Package Delivered: 2014-03-21;
Submitted/Completed DS-261 online: 2014-03-12; AOS Package Touched: 2014-03-25;
Receive & Pay AOS Bill : 2014-03-13; AOS Package Approved: 2014-04-08
AOS Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-18;
IV Bill:
Receive & Pay IV Bill: 2014-03-24; False Checklist for Civil Documents: 2014-04-07
IV Bill Shows PAID: 2014-03-26; Case Completed at NVC: 2014-04-16;
IV Package Mailed (USPS Priority): 2014-03-26; Case Complete Email Received: 2014-04-23
IV Package Received by NVC: 2014-03-31; Interview scheduled: 2014-05-01;
IV Package Touched: 2014-04-03 (still in review); IL Email Received: 2014-05-01
DS-260 Available/Completed/Submitted: 2014-03-27
Consulate: Mumbai
Fingerprinting & Photo: 2014-05-09 Medicals: 2014-05-19
Interview: 2014-06-04 Visa Approved CEAC Website Status "Issued": 2014-06-05
USCIS ELIS Fee Paid: 2014-06-08 Passport w/Visa Received: 2014-06-09
POE (LAX): 2014-07-20 SS# Received: 2014-07-28
Actual GC received 2014-08-30
CA ID Received: 2014-09-02.
First job in USA (yeeeh!!!) starting: 2014-09-22
Taking driving lessons....!!!!

ROC
Application Sent: 2016-04-26
NOA1:2016-04-28
Biometrics: 2016-06-02 (early walk-in on May 31st)

ROC Approval Email and Online Status Change - 2016-11-07
Google Doc for April 2016 filers: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Mb-ALcbwQbYafLj4vFaEMjSGD-wfjtrycs3ul8QlUo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

• 1 year later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi There,

My wife will also be going to the Rele Clinic soon for her medical interview. We are still at the NVC stage, but my wife had a few questions about the appointment in Mumbai - specifically

- Do female doctors attend to female patients for the medical interview? She was wondering if it is possible to request a female doctor for her appointment.

- She has childhood vaccinations for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, small pox, plague and polio - any idea on what other vaccinations might be required?

- Do they provide the medical reports typically by the next day?

- Does she need carry any documentation other than the list mentioned at the Rele Clinic website at http://releclinic.com/usa.html ?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Just completed my medical at Rele clinic.. Very gud experience.. Waiting for my interview on 15 Oct.. Very nervous n excited as well

Hi There,

How long did you have to wait after the exam to get the results? Also, was it challenging to book an appointment there - how much in advance did you book your appointment?

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi There,

How long did you have to wait after the exam to get the results? Also, was it challenging to book an appointment there - how much in advance did you book your appointment?

Thanks!

Hey.. I booked my appointment through phone as soon as I got my p4 letter..it was quite easy..I got a date which I asked them to schedule for.it took me 2 hours to get through d medical. They asked to collect d reports d following day Edited by reebajessin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

We are still waiting on the letter before my wife can go for the medical exam. She was asking to see if others have had this opportunity at the Rele Clinic but have not heard anything on this thread regarding that so far. So, will definitely let folks know once the exam is done, but would have loved to know from others' experience as to whether this is even an option.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I had chicken pox when i was 8 but have no record for the same. Will be going for the medical to max healthcare in Mohali . Will the accept my word that indeed i have had chicken pox and do not need that vaccination or they will just do whatever they want to and i just have to accept it?

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, patriot10 said:

I had chicken pox when i was 8 but have no record for the same. Will be going for the medical to max healthcare in Mohali . Will the accept my word that indeed i have had chicken pox and do not need that vaccination or they will just do whatever they want to and i just have to accept it?

my DH did get the vaccine (called varicella) even though he had chicken pox as a kid. They said it was required

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.

I got my medical done last week. I had to get four vaccinations....dtap, varicella, influenza and mmr.

I mentioned i had full fledge chicken pox when i was a kid but was told that since i had chicken pox so long back, i had to get the vaccination anyway. In fact, the doctor had already stamped the vaccinations i needed to get even without even asking me for any record or anything.

Leads me to believe, it does not matter what you have genuinely received or not...once you go for the medical...they are going to do what they plan to do anyway...so may as well relax and just get it done and over with.

Anyway. its all over and done with and i have the sealed medical record at hand.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, patriot10 said:

Thanks for the reply.

I got my medical done last week. I had to get four vaccinations....dtap, varicella, influenza and mmr.

I mentioned i had full fledge chicken pox when i was a kid but was told that since i had chicken pox so long back, i had to get the vaccination anyway. In fact, the doctor had already stamped the vaccinations i needed to get even without even asking me for any record or anything.

Leads me to believe, it does not matter what you have genuinely received or not...once you go for the medical...they are going to do what they plan to do anyway...so may as well relax and just get it done and over with.

Anyway. its all over and done with and i have the sealed medical record at hand.

Hey, how much did you pay for the medical including the vaccinations? 

Timeline

I Paid 6100 INR for the medical tests.

The four vaccinations set me back 4300 INR.

Total expenditure 10400/-. Was a smooth experience.

Only problem is that the report is handed back after 5 days...which is great if you live in the town where the tests take place, but in my case, i had to travel 4 hours for the test , stay the night and then went for the test next day at 10 (was done by 12pm) but then had to go pick up the sealed report after 5 days.

They do not courier it even if you offer to pay which would have been very convenient.

On the other hand, i did'nt mind as its a one time thing and hence just got it done and all went well.

Was just glad that my report came back with no issues.

My medical was at Max Hospital, Chandigarh, India.

I was told that if i get back my report, that means all is well. If there is an issue, then they call you back and suggest how one can rectify it which could include going through further medical tests or even going through recommended treatments.

Edited by patriot10
Add a detail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.