Hank1

Timings

8 posts in this topic

Don't arrange the medical until you have your interview letter. Even if it hasn't expired by interview, medical expiry can affect your visa expiry date.

If this year is a guide you will probably interview around June/July next year.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Susie. The trouble is I've read that from this year, you can not arrange an interview date, unless you have done your medical, and you have to take your criminal certificate with you to the medical examination and show it to the DR!!. Seems an odd way of doing it, but then there is this catch 22, that one can't arrange the interview time until one has done the medical exam, but then it expires if you do it too early. This is what it says on the embassy website

The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination.

• Applicants aged 16 and over are required to furnish a U. K. police certificate in support of their immigrant visa application. A copy of this police certificate must be presented to the panel physician on the day of the medical examination.

So if they will not schedule an interview, when does one get the certificate? I appreciate this is a new requirement from this year and no one had any experince of this, but I thought I ask.

Thanks Susie. The trouble is I've read that from this year, you can not arrange an interview date, unless you have done your medical, and you have to take your criminal certificate with you to the medical examination and show it to the DR!!. Seems an odd way of doing it, but then there is this catch 22, that one can't arrange the interview time until one has done the medical exam, but then it expires if you do it too early. This is what it says on the embassy website

The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination.

• Applicants aged 16 and over are required to furnish a U. K. police certificate in support of their immigrant visa application. A copy of this police certificate must be presented to the panel physician on the day of the medical examination.

So if they will not schedule an interview, when does one get the certificate? I appreciate this is a new requirement from this year and no one had any experince of this, but I thought I ask.

OK, I have heard before that in London they do ask for the police certificate at the medical for some reason, but it's rubbish that you need your medical before you get an interview appointment - I have to assume that the bit you quoted above is for other immigrant visas and not DV interviews, which are far more sensitive to time than other IV interviews. The interviews are scheduled by KCC - as long as you have returned your DS form and your number is current, you get scheduled an interview. The embassy does NOT schedule DV interviews. You may want to call them and confirm this to put your mind at ease. Bear in mind a number of things in DV are done differently to other IV cases.**

Most other panel physicians actually refuse to schedule you a medical until you have your interview date.

** Edit I just had a look at the London website... under immigrant visa interviews they don't even mention DV! They also say appointments are scheduled either by the NVC or the IV unit in London - DV of course is neither of these as it is KCC - and that the thing about needing the medical for scheduling only applies to ones done by the IV unit in London - which yours isn't. http://london.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas/interview.html

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks Susie.Very helpful as always.

Cheers.

Hi there,

It is not as complicated as it may seem. What you need to do is wait for your 2nd nl. Once you have an interview date you can apply for a police check. It takes usually about 10 days, if you pay more you can get it in around 3 days. Once you have your interview date and have sent the forms to get the police check you can schedule your medicals. That's what I did.

I got my interview on August 13th. I received my second notification letter 2 days ago. First I sent the forms to get the police check for my wife and myself. Today I called Knightsbridge Doctors to get medicals done and easily scheduled medicals for 23rd of July. For your medicals you will have to have your police check with you and standard visa photograph. They will send your results and police papers to the embassy. When you call the panel doctor you just need to give them your case number. They were happy with my 2014EUXXXXXXX case number.

Easy peasy :)

Since UK is not eligible for DV most of the immigrant visas are spouse, family or work related and that's why it is not clear how to proceed with DV interview preps.

Good luck.

Edited by franko

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Hi there,

It is not as complicated as it may seem. What you need to do is wait for your 2nd nl. Once you have an interview date you can apply for a police check. It takes usually about 10 days, if you pay more you can get it in around 3 days. Once you have your interview date and have sent the forms to get the police check you can schedule your medicals. That's what I did.

I got my interview on August 13th. I received my second notification letter 2 days ago. First I sent the forms to get the police check for my wife and myself. Today I called Knightsbridge Doctors to get medicals done and easily scheduled medicals for 23rd of July. For your medicals you will have to have your police check with you and standard visa photograph. They will send your results and police papers to the embassy. When you call the panel doctor you just need to give them your case number. They were happy with my 2014EUXXXXXXX case number.

Easy peasy :)

Since UK is not eligible for DV most of the immigrant visas are spouse, family or work related and that's why it is not clear how to proceed with DV interview preps.

Good luck.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE!!!!! Can you believe it's finally happening for you! :D

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE!!!!! Can you believe it's finally happening for you! :D

Seems surreal :)

It was/is a pretty crazy ride. Ups, downs, lost hopes, false hopes (Ilona's EU call). It had it all. It's not over yet but if there are visas left on 13th of August I won't let anything screw this up :)

I'm a kinda pro if it comes to sorting out paperwork. Went thorough my L-1aplication, British citizenship for my wife and myself. Never missed even a tiny bit. My folder for the interview is ready. Just need police check papers and medicals.

All set and ready!!!!!!! :)

Hope the rest of the forum family will have their chance :)

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.