Criss03

Change of address/case after I got appointment for interview?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello! I moved to another state and I've just got the appointment date for interview. I was thinking to transfer the case but they said the process will take longer. Does somebody have any ideea how long can take? The other option is to go back (I did not change my ID yet) for interview but costs some money and time. Any advices? Thanks

Filed: Timeline

I am going to be in a similar situation. When I went for my fingerprints, I asked what to do. They said to come back for my interview, even though I will be 500 miles away, otherwise it could delay the process for up to 6 months. They may also allow me to take the oath the same day since I have to travel along way.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Check to see if your office does same day oath ceremonies. Mine (Chicago) doesn't. You can find that information on the USCIS website.

Why didn't you wait for 90 days after you moved to file? In my opinion, I would keep your old address and go back for your interview at your original place of filing. I have read of people who were asked to withdraw their petition on the day of the interview because they didn't meet the 90 day residency criteria.

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can go to http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices and at the bottom choose your state, then click on the office that applies to where you live. There is a link for naturalization ceremonies and there you can see if your service center conducts same day oath ceremonies or not.

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.