heytoot

CHANGE OF ADDRESS AND CHANGE OF EMBASSY

20 posts in this topic

Can I ask you all how you went about changing the embassy? On the phone? Or submit a form? Also what proof did you need?

I'm finishing my job here in Vietnam and moving back to the UK so my parents can spend some time with their grandaughter.

It's been 2.5 months since I submitted DS261

2003 met

2011 married

5-12-14 Mailed I130 DHL

5-18-14 received USCIS acceptance confirmation : California service center

5-19-14 USCIS cashed check

6-4-14 received I-797C receipt (NOA 1)

6-5-14 checked status online – already approved!!!! Waiting NOA 2 hard copy

7-19-14 received case number from NVC

7-20-14 paid AOS fee & completed DS261

8-9-14 Mailed AOS package

8-26-14 received email confirmation of receipt of AOS package; warned it may take 60 days to review

I followed their instructions about sending an email with a request to change embassy together with a good proof ( birth certificate, passport, resident ID, work visa, etc.). It took me more or less 2 months for them to change it and I had to call from time to time and speak with a supervisor about it. I was at NVC stage too and I submitted my AOS and my IV and they put a hold to it because they said they will review the change of embassy first before they continue revieiwing my other documents.

event.png

event.png

"they will review the change of embassy first before they continue revieiwing my other documents."

aggghhhhh! More review!

Oh well - looks like it worked out for you in the end though - congratulations on your approval heytoot! :star: :star: :thumbs:

2003 met

2011 married

5-12-14 Mailed I130 DHL

5-18-14 received USCIS acceptance confirmation : California service center

5-19-14 USCIS cashed check

6-4-14 received I-797C receipt (NOA 1)

6-5-14 checked status online – already approved!!!! Waiting NOA 2 hard copy

7-19-14 received case number from NVC

7-20-14 paid AOS fee & completed DS261

8-9-14 Mailed AOS package

8-26-14 received email confirmation of receipt of AOS package; warned it may take 60 days to review

Yeah but it was a lot of calling and following up too, Thank you so much PaddyLou, up until now it is still a waiting game for me to get my passport back. -_-

"they will review the change of embassy first before they continue revieiwing my other documents."

aggghhhhh! More review!

Oh well - looks like it worked out for you in the end though - congratulations on your approval heytoot! :star: :star: :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

• 4 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.