promenad

Traveller without fixed residence

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi

we are waiting for NOA2 and stuff (is in the slow texas office and we applied in february)

the thing is

me (the fiance) is a brazilian but works in portugal (with legal temporary residence) but will not have a house there since i will be travelling around europe for the next few months

my question is

1- do i need to receive any package from any related USA embassies or other related to my case?

2- can i choose to do the medical exams in any western europe country since the embassy of reference for portugal is in france?

3- is there anything else related with a need to have an address that could prevent the process?

thanks a lot

Edited by promenad

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You will probably need to do your physical in the country where you live, which in this case is Portugal. You will need an address in Portugal where the consulate can contact you.

Good luck!

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You're welcome. You need an address where you can receive NOAs and in the event of an RFP. Also in most cases, your passport with your visa will be mailed to your address, rather than handled over to you. You will also be required to present evidence of lawful residence in the country where you are applying.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The NOA2 will be sent to the petitioner's US address.

The NVC will then communicate with you through email. Nothing will be sent to you in Portugal, Brazil, etc.

The embassy will also communicate with you through email. The only physical thing mailed to you will be your passport with the visa if you do your interview in Rio de Janeiro. I don't know about Portugal. I'm guessing that your interview will be in Portugal (Lisbon) as opposed to Rio?

We are done with everything except the interview. My husband is the beneficiary. Nothing was mailed to his address in Brazil. The NOA1 and NOA2 was mailed to my address in the US.

The NVC only corresponded with us through email and sent official letters as a .pdf attachment. When you get your NVC case number and IIN (after the NOA2), you can give them your email address so that you can get everything via email.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thanks a lot Sofia or Isabella!

We are doing thru portugal cause is where i have my residence (legal) right now. In fact the cases in Portugal needs to go thru France cause the embassy here dont process K1 anymore but we were concerned only about receiving important papers here.

So huge hug and still expecting our NOA2!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.