aaafranz

SLEC Medical - Sputum

11 posts in this topic

Hi!

Went last May 18 for my medical exam, the next day I found out that they saw abnormalities on my chest xray. Very dismayed. My suspect is maybe bcoz of my post nasal drip for almost 3 months, I'm not coughing - phlegm doesn't have any foul odor or color, no fever, not losing weight nor weak or easily get tired. I have seasonal allergies and at the back of my mind I knew that possibly my chest xray will be on 50/50 since they're very strict on laboratory test. My interview date supposedly on June 11, now I'll be doing Sputum test on May 26-28. Will be delayed for 2 months, my husband and I are very upset.

Will seeing a doctor to give me confidence that I don't have any contagious disease will be perfect idea on regards of my seasonal allergies?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may help you have better ocnfidence in your health, but as far as sputum goes, they are the Lords and Masters here.

Hate to ibe the one to bring the bad news but that is reality.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel you. I did my sputum too, but everything went fine. I did my follow up here in Lancaster Ca. as it was needed, did sputum again for 3 consecutive days and it was all negative and now I'm waiting for the culture result which is due on the first week of June. They're suppose to call me if it's positive, haven't got a call yet.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!

Went last May 18 for my medical exam, the next day I found out that they saw abnormalities on my chest xray. Very dismayed. My suspect is maybe bcoz of my post nasal drip for almost 3 months, I'm not coughing - phlegm doesn't have any foul odor or color, no fever, not losing weight nor weak or easily get tired. I have seasonal allergies and at the back of my mind I knew that possibly my chest xray will be on 50/50 since they're very strict on laboratory test. My interview date supposedly on June 11, now I'll be doing Sputum test on May 26-28. Will be delayed for 2 months, my husband and I are very upset.

Will seeing a doctor to give me confidence that I don't have any contagious disease will be perfect idea on regards of my seasonal allergies?

If the doctors at SLEC ordered the sputum test you have no options. Sputum test will verify or not whether you have TB or not, and that requires 2 months.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

SLEC has to follow the guidelines set by USEM/CDC, when dealing with a contagious/deadly disease error to the side of caution is a good thing.

Better way is doing the sputum test ... worse way would be flat out denial

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I totally accept the fact the 2 months delayed and there's no way around doing Sputum test. Hopefully I still have post nasal drip that day so it will be easy for me to cough up what they want lol

Edited by aaafranz

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I finished my sputum test last May 26-28 and got my smear result: negative yesterday, June 4. While the nurse giving me info for 2 months wait she gave me a piece of paper with the date and time when I should come back (July 25, 8am - 2nd floor for re-evaluation) I asked her if I need to call them for the result like I heard from most of the applicants, she said no need and that applies to others. She also said if everything went fine on my culture test, I will get my vaccinations done on the same day.

Does anyone know if that's a new guidelines from SLEC? no need to call them instead be there on the given date and time for culture result.

Totally confused.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: I finished my sputum test last May 26-28 and got my smear result: negative yesterday, June 4. While the nurse giving me info for 2 months wait she gave me a piece of paper with the date and time when I should come back (July 25, 8am - 2nd floor for re-evaluation) I asked her if I need to call them for the result like I heard from most of the applicants, she said no need and that applies to others. She also said if everything went fine on my culture test, I will get my vaccinations done on the same day.

Does anyone know if that's a new guidelines from SLEC? no need to call them instead be there on the given date and time for culture result.

Totally confused.

We received a call from SLEC 3 weeks after negative initial sputum test and was told to report back to SLEC. The sputum turned positive. So my advice is be prepared if the news is good or bad. We are devastated, but there's no way around this one. So we are blessed her health will be clear and we joke now to ease the separation pain.

There is the I-601 process where USCIS gives permission to the USEM to waiver the TB treatment and to then take the treatment in USA. That application process costs nearly $600 and appears to be lengthy to the point where the red tape adds up to more time than just taking the initial treatment.

The US CDC will just flat out say no way without any reference to that waiver process. The CDC's Tuberculosis Elimination program drives this train.

We've heard no call from SLEC for 2 months is good news ... don't know about the predetermined report back date.

Timeline

Totally confused.

Follow the instructions on the notice. From everything I have read SLEC will not give the results over the phone even if you do call. What you don't want is an early call from SLEC.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.