dqb6481

No birth certificate! What should I do.

6 posts in this topic

I see that I need to send my original birth certificate to my fiancé in VN but I don't have nor ever had one. When my family escaped VN in 1974 no one brought their birth certificate. In the past I have always used my Naturalization Certificate or passport when a birth certificate is required.

The website says "In case you do not have the petitioners birth certificate, the officer will review the case and provide guidance at the interview"........so I may have to go that route unless somebody has any advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I presume you are the USC. I have heard of cases where they let you slide if you are from Viietnam during the years of war, even if you are the beneficiary. So if you explain that and can produce a naturalization certificate and a US passport, I dont see a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My passport was surreneded at the time of my interview but, they required one more document to process it. My fiance's Dad had to fill a support document for me and it required his birth certificate as well. He couldn't find his so, I think he went down to the court house and he got a copy of it in a few hours. If you know which city you're born in, I'm sure if you do some calling around, you can get it in a few hours.

Even myself, I lost mine, it would take 6+ weeks to get my hands on it after fiing for a new one. I ended up reterving a photo copy of it from my last employeer (which was unacceptable for the consulate but, I played stupid and told them I don't travel with my orginal document, and it didn't say 'orginal' document).

I see that I need to send my original birth certificate to my fiancé in VN but I don't have nor ever had one. When my family escaped VN in 1974 no one brought their birth certificate. In the past I have always used my Naturalization Certificate or passport when a birth certificate is required.

The website says "In case you do not have the petitioners birth certificate, the officer will review the case and provide guidance at the interview"........so I may have to go that route unless somebody has any advice.

You might perhaps get more definite answers to your concern when you post to Vietnam regional subforum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/136-vietnam/

Good luck! :)

Edit: Found a similar thread in VJ that can hopefully help you: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447013-where-can-i-obtain-birth-certificate-urgentplease-help/

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

The hospital in VN have no records of me ever me being born. I went there in March and they pretty much laughed at me.

I'm gonna send her a copy of my Naturalization Certificate and my passport along with a letter explains why I don't have one.

Thanks for everyone's help

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am the USC and never had to produce my birth certificate. I did anyway with the I-129(f) but could have sent a photocopy of my passport in its stead.

You have a valid reason why you don't have birth cerfiticate and you have a naturilization certificate as well. I don't see how this is going to present a problem for you.

Edited by Al422

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.