ashtinandjoe

Still no visa...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiancé was approved at his interview with the embassy on April 23rd. He was told to wait 2 weeks for his visa and the courier service would email him a tracking number before they delivered. Our case status changed to issued on May 2nd. It was it is in final processing and If it isn't here in 10 days to contact the embassy. Tomorrow is the 2 week cut off date that the consular officer gave us and still no visa or email.. What is going on? We have 2 1/2 weeks until our wedding and he still isn't here. Any advice?

I got an email from the Embassy (not the courier co.) with the tracking number when my visa had been issued. Has he had this yet? It does seem to be taking a longer than average. I would try to contact the embassy and/or DX couriers to see if his passport has been picked up, but the latter will need a tracking number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got an email from the Embassy (not the courier co.) with the tracking number when my visa had been issued. Has he had this yet? It does seem to be taking a longer than average. I would try to contact the embassy and/or DX couriers to see if his passport has been picked up, but the latter will need a tracking number.

I'm not sure if they do this anymore, I didn't receive such an email. My visa changed to issued on the 12th of May. I haven't received an e-mail from the courier either. Anxious to get our Visa!!

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My interview date was also in London on May 8 2014 (sorry haven't updated my timeline yet) and my status was changed to 'issued' on May 9. However I still have not received an email or any notification that my visa is ready for collection at the Chancery Lane, London office. It has been 5 working days.

I am currently on hold on the phone trying to get through to DX to see if they can search under my name etc.

As far as I am aware, we don't have any tracking number though?

My flight to the U.S is booked for next Wed 21st so getting nervous now that it won't be ready in time.

Dec 9 I-129F sent

Dec 19 NOA1 and routed to CSC

Dec 23 Alien Reg No.

Jan 28 NOA2

Jan 28 Phoned USCIS to change our address to an American one as they don't post outside the U.S

*I am the beneficiary*

*I am Australian, my fiance is American and we are currently living together in England on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant/Partner Visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Ok update - just got through to DX and after searching for my surname, I was informed that yes, my 'item' (passport) is ready for collection.

So I will be heading in tomorrow to collect it - yay!

I strongly advise everyone who is waiting to be contacted to call the DX office and have them search under your surname. The number I phoned was 0871 562 6666 and I pressed option 2 which i believe is for 'you have received a card notifying you of an attempted delivery'. Of course I hadn't, however there was no other suitable option. I was on hold for about 20 minutes.

Good luck everyone.

Dec 9 I-129F sent

Dec 19 NOA1 and routed to CSC

Dec 23 Alien Reg No.

Jan 28 NOA2

Jan 28 Phoned USCIS to change our address to an American one as they don't post outside the U.S

*I am the beneficiary*

*I am Australian, my fiance is American and we are currently living together in England on Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff Migrant/Partner Visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.