mattwood79

Big Thanks!!!

9 posts in this topic

So today I had my interview at the London embassy and was approved! So so so pleased and I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone on here, especially those providing detailed assistance with the guides. I've been quiet on here up to now, simply because all my questions have been answered by existing guides or threads, but I will be writing my own account and also I hope that I can use my experience to help others on here as best I can.

This is truly an invaluable resource and once again, thank you very much!

Nice one phem0r! I was just behind you with I-911. I have to admit having 911 made me a little nervous though!

Hi M. The experience was remarkably less stressful than I had anticipated (despite reading everyone else's accounts that it really isn't that bad at all). I was called to the desk and handed over all the documents they asked for on the list of documents. Take photocopies of any that you want back and they'll just keep the photocopy.

Then called back again with a different guy who asked me some very basic questions such as "what does your fiancé do for a living" and "does she have kids". Seriously, nothing more taxing than that. Then he said I was approved and off I went!

My experience was okay, not as scary as i thought. I had a few hiccups, the first guy asked for my various documents and copies of, i handed him my original birth certificate & a certified copy i had ordered - he claimed it wasn't a copy, so i had to then explain that it is, i had to pay to get a certified copy etc and he took the copy :/ not sure if that was just a test or what..

My 2nd window was a woman who asked me some basic questions regarding myself and my fiancee, they were fine. She then proceeded to tell me that my fiancee did not earn enough to sponsor me, the form said she earns X amount but the transcript says X amount. So i had to then explain that yes the transcript says that but that is because it's not a full year and i have already handed you all the evidence to support that my fiancee does in fact have X amount - the lady then re-read all the supporting evidence and agreed

Apart from that, it was a pleasant and happy experience, i was in there at 07:45 and left around 09:15

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.