LynDouglas

DV-2015 Wrong Country of Chargeability

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone !

I applied for DV-2015 in October 2013 and I am kind of worried now. I was selected and my case number is relatively low (2015EU00002xxx). It was my first year applying and I made a stupid mistake. I put France as my Country of Chargeability but I should've put Bosnia since I was born there (I left Bosnia when I was 1 because of the war, I consider myself as French which can explain my stupid mistake). I immediately called the K.C.C. and they told me that it would not be a problem since both countries are in the same region (Europe). Do you think my chances of being disqualified are high? Should I give it a try?

Thanks in advance !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your number is brilliant. You will have an October interview. What you have been told is correct. Although you might need to take this rule (below) printed out to the interview to make sure they don't make a bad decision.

The rules state:-

9 FAM 42.33 N4.3 Errors in Choice of Country of
Chargeability
(CT:VISA-1478; 08-26-2010)
If the entrant chooses the wrong country of chargeability at the time of the initial
entry, the error will generally be disqualifying. However, if a DV applicant chooses
a country of chargeability during DV registration that is within the same
geographic region (one of the six) as the correct country of chargeability, and you
determine that the applicant gained no benefit from his or her error, you may
continue processing the application.

DV Lottery information - www.BritSimonSays.com

KCC and Britsimon are correct (and you are very lucky btw.... Others who make the same mistake and end up in the wrong region get disqualified automatically).

Hello Simon. Trawling the net I see :D

Edited by SusieQQQ

KCC and Britsimon are correct (and you are very lucky btw.... Others who make the same mistake and end up in the wrong region get disqualified automatically).

Hehehe - currently homeless... and feeling the withdrawal.

I also see my theory on the 125k is blown - which means that 125k might be the new normal. So - in this case I am happy to be wrong (although dreading the gloating from Sloner).

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hehehe - currently homeless... and feeling the withdrawal.

I also see my theory on the 125k is blown - which means that 125k might be the new normal. So - in this case I am happy to be wrong (although dreading the gloating from Sloner).

Hello Peeps :)

Does not feel that great to be homeless. Was hoping that by now would have an idea what is the highest EU number for DV2015 to see how it compares withe DV2014 :)

Do not take this wrong Simon but I am happy that you were wrong (125k is the new normal) and Sloner is probably swimming in a sea of vodka :)

The world is governed by chance. Randomness stalks us every day of our lives.

FRANKYNUMBERVILLE ! :content:

I haven't seen a 1NL obviously but the implication from what I saw was that they are openly talking 55k visas now, so it does make sense that there would be an increase in selectees if they are not really putting anything aside for Nacara anymore?

Timeline

I haven't seen a 1NL obviously but the implication from what I saw was that they are openly talking 55k visas now, so it does make sense that there would be an increase in selectees if they are not really putting anything aside for Nacara anymore?

I think you are right. I asked on my country forum about the number of selectees and one of the selected said 125k and 55k of visas. I was surprised since my DV2014 letter says nothing about the number of visas available. Maybe they just wanted to confirm that NACARA visas are back in the pot.

Timeline

Lol I cannot remember at all what my 1NL said other than the magic words "YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED" :D :D

Good news for DV2014 EU - there is a guy on my country forum with EU201500044XXX apparently....so 2015 seems to be following 2014.

Good news for DV2014 EU - there is a guy on my country forum with EU201500044XXX apparently....so 2015 seems to be following 2014.

Hope so for you guys.... I'm still not entirely convinced it's not all part of a new strategy to be absolutely determined to fill the quota, even if that means they end up with disappointed selectees. I must confess at this point I have absolutely no clue on how DV2014 plays out and I don't think I will be confident in any predictions until I see the vb for Sept!!

Hope so for you guys.... I'm still not entirely convinced it's not all part of a new strategy to be absolutely determined to fill the quota, even if that means they end up with disappointed selectees. I must confess at this point I have absolutely no clue on how DV2014 plays out and I don't think I will be confident in any predictions until I see the vb for Sept!!

Yeah - that would make sense. The numbers will be a little different this year since Nigeria is out. They account for 1 in 12 of all the selectees in the world (really) in recent years, so not having them will change the quotas, and reduce the holes for AF region as a whole. So - EU44 sounds reasonable and we will probably see 50's again, but AF116k (or anything over 100k) would be a surprise.

This forum seems a lot more functional than the other. I've seen Vladdy on a SF forum, but scared to invite him here in case he arrives with the Slonerman! LOLOL

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

Malcomx has done again with cn af9xxx! He says the 1st nl shows 125 just like last year, I wonder if they still took 140k also in reality?!

I'm not an official or an attorney!

Its all about a guess work...

I'm just a DVHOLIC :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.