4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well Met Everyone,

First of all, thanks for reading my post. My son will soon be born in Mexico...his mom is soooo close to her Resident Alien Card (Her interview can happen now but it will be after his birth due to the due date is in 10 days-no airlines will allow her to fly so close to the due date). We were hoping to be able to bring her across to the US in time but this is not going to happen now.....Immigration is overloaded with work and the it just didn't happen in time. Anyway, after he is born, my understanding is I apply for a N-600 with the following documentation:

ALL OF THESE HAVE TO BE ORIGINALS

Birth Certificate (translated)

Dad's Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate (translated)

Divorce Certificate of previous marriage (not sure if I need this or not)

2 Identical Passport Photos

DD-214 (Evidence of Military Service) (Dad is a Veteran)

Copy of Paystub, Lease payment to prove Dad's Residence

And $600 :( Money Order

I hope I have everything correct, please comment accordingly

Thanks

Yenom34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Yenom34

Hopefully more experienced VJ's members will reply soon to your question. However, is my understanding that if your are a US Citizen, you don't need to file N600!

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/abroad/events-and-records/birth.html

If your son is born in Mexico, you just need to go to the US Consulate in Mexico and register him as yours, and if you want him to get dual citizenship, he can also be registered as Mexican.

That is all I have for now, wish you all the best!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Well Met Everyone,

First of all, thanks for reading my post. My son will soon be born in Mexico...his mom is soooo close to her Resident Alien Card (Her interview can happen now but it will be after his birth due to the due date is in 10 days-no airlines will allow her to fly so close to the due date). We were hoping to be able to bring her across to the US in time but this is not going to happen now.....Immigration is overloaded with work and the it just didn't happen in time. Anyway, after he is born, my understanding is I apply for a N-600 with the following documentation:

ALL OF THESE HAVE TO BE ORIGINALS

Birth Certificate (translated)

Dad's Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate (translated)

Divorce Certificate of previous marriage (not sure if I need this or not)

2 Identical Passport Photos

DD-214 (Evidence of Military Service) (Dad is a Veteran)

Copy of Paystub, Lease payment to prove Dad's Residence

And $600 :( Money Order

I hope I have everything correct, please comment accordingly

Thanks

Yenom34

Do not file for the N-600. You are nothing doing it correctly.

Go to the US Embassy's website. You need to file a CRBA and US passport.

You do not file for an N-600.

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.